32 | trust me

32 | trust me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Six months spent waiting for a text, a call, a goddamn email, something, and here Monique Harper sits in front of me, looking as beautiful as ever in a little black dress that melts into the curves I've missed so much.

I shouldn't be angry, I shouldn't be frustrated — she made her choice, but looking at her now, with a man that is my new business partner and not Roxanne Fucking Davis, I'm pissed

She abandoned me only to quit her job anyway.

Wow.

And to top it off, she hasn't set her eyes on me ever since we sat down at a table in the corner of Gregory's restaurant. The business partnership that we're partaking in combines our resources and our money in order to build a club in Valencia under Polaris's namesake.

Seeing as Grand Palace is doing so well back in Spain, we made an agreement to use my hold and influence over there to promote it.

Now, sitting here, by no means do I regret it, but I'm annoyed.

I just want her to give me an explanation as to why she left me with no further contact.

At the very least, she can look at me.

I want to see those beautiful brown eyes again considering I'll be staying in New York for the next week just to take a short break before we start construction.

Gregory had already purchased land in Valencia so all that's left for me to do is call the contractors and get them on task.

But, currently, all I can focus on is the curl that had fallen over Monique's forehead which is crinkled with concentration as she reads the menu. I want to brush it away and kiss those worry lines away.

"Thank you, Mr. Romano, for choosing to do business with me." Gregory huffs with a smile growing on his face, drawing me away from my stare. "It's been a long time coming and I'm glad you accepted it."