11 | tempting fate

11 | tempting fate

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I feel as if I'm tempting fate by going out when I know good and well my ass wanted to stay in the hotel room and binge watch Scandal.

I just had to prove something by actually going out when I told Matteo I would. Not that I think he would check or some shit like that, but after thinking it over, I decided to go on the off-chance I actually enjoy myself. I've been here a week and all of my past times include sex and sex.

And sex.

And despite me telling Matteo that I was going to the club to look for someone to have sex with, that part I had no intention of fulfilling.

I just need a drink — or three — and a chance to put my silk dresses to use.

Arriving at the nightclub, I'm immediately taken aback by the strobe lights flashing in the room, illuminating the many dancing bodies on the floor. Spanish music is playing over the speakers and the DJ himself scratches the record to hype the crowd up in, you guessed it, Spanish.

I find myself at the bar, ordering brandy and a tray of fries. You can imagine my joy when I realized they actually serve food. I've been to one too many bars that thought their patrons should just drink on an empty stomach.

When I receive my items, I transfer my gaze to the many dancing bodies on the floor and watch as they bump and grind.

I probably look absolutely pathetic, looking like a pariah at the corner of an empty bar in a packed club. I sit there for around thirty minutes, just sipping on my third glass of brandy and watching. I'd finished my fries moments before.

Scanning the club, I double take at the sight of the familiar face sat at one of the booths. Of course he's here.

I sigh when he sees me, his eyes narrowing as if he's waiting for me to do something. Should I? The challenge is tempting but I feel I've already overstayed my comfort zone.

But, seeing as he's here — I've already won. Leaving now, however, after he's seen me is like admitting defeat.

Guess it's time for round two.

Downing the rest of my drink, I grab my purse and rise from my stool so I can make my way to the dance floor. Almost immediately, I'm pulled into a dance with a random man. As I feel Matteo's stare burning into the side of my head, I grind into the man and rub my ass against his groin.

Might as well pull out all the stops.

The stranger takes hold of my hips and pulls me against him. Despite his touch being over my dress, I can't help the internal gag that happens when I feel him. I dance for the rest of the song before switching to someone else.