chapter 11

Katsuki's pov:

It has now been 2 weeks since I turned back into normal, Izumi and I have gotten a lot closer now and we see each other everyday after work. Izumi now works more at the office since she has been trying her best at solving who has the drug that can take away a hero's quirk. Izumi still has zero memory of our lives together as kids and maybe that's a good thing.

Izumi also now helps with investigation that involve murder and a few other things as well. Me and my old classmates were in the police station, reading a few files when Shitty hair had to ask me a question. "So, Bakugou, how did it go with staying with Midoriya for an entire week?" Shitty hair asked and I didn't want to answer that, but he would just keep asking me over and over again. "Tch, it was okay. We got along well." I said and the pervert came. "How big were her boobs?" The pervert asked and everyone face palmed. "I am not answering that." I said, then Birdbrain picked up Pervert with his quirk and tied him up.

"So other than that, did she remember you or any of us?" Pickahu asked and I shook my head. "Well no, though she did remember the old nickname she gave me." I said and continued reading the file. "At least she remembers a small part of her life, even if it is just a nickname." Round face said and we all started to read the files. After a while of reading and talking one of the police officers came. "Oh, um. Red riot, Ground zero, Uravity, and Shoto." The police officer said and we looked at them. "Chief is requesting that you will help Detective Toshiro with a murder investigation. It seems that this investigation requires your help." The officer said and we nodded to him.

We all went to the morgue and saw Izumi talking with the morgue workers and they seemed disgusted. "Hey Toshiro, what are you dealing with?" Round face asked and Izumi faced us. "Well you can have a look for yourself." Izumi said, then moved aside to reveal a dead man, with blonde hair, horns on his head, his chest had a huge hole in it, the guy was missing his heart and his fingers were crushed. "Wow, who knew the person that did this could be so heartless." Shitty hair said and Izumi faked a cough loudly. "Sorry, pun not intended." Shitty hair said. "Anyway this man went through a hard hit in the head with a long wooden object of some sort. The finger crushing was done when he was still alive clearly to toture him. The chest opening...is something we don't know." The morgue worker said and the other morgue worker got a large flashlight ready.

"What are you going to use that for?" Half n' half asked and Izumi smiled. "They're helping me get my quirk ready." Izumi said and we were confused, does she not know that One for all, not work like that? One of the morgue workers raised the dead guy's hand and the other turned the flash light on. The guy's shadow was casted, Izumi took a deep breath and the guy's shadow disappeared. "Mmh, it feels good to have a new shadow." Izumi said, and then the room started to get a little darker.

"Okay, I know where to start." Izumi said, then left the morgue, and we followed after her. "Wait what did you just do?" Round face asked as she went up the stairs. "My quirk is called Shadow. I can take anyone's shadow and see through their memory and past. I can also teleport anywhere that has a shadow. It's how I'm always fast with the cases that are given to me." Izumi said and that would explain how we always got back to the apartment so fast. "Anyway, I know where to start first." Izumi said, and the minute she got into a shadow she was gone.

"Should've seen that coming." I said then Izumi came back. "Sorry, I'm too used to working on my own." Izumi said, then grabbed Round face's hand, then mine. We went through the shadow, with our hands together. "You two can stay here, we'll be back later." Izumi said then we were then teleported to a house in a nice neighborhood. "Maybe you should give us a warning when you do that." Round face said trying to keep her balance. "Sure thing." Izumi said and walked to the door of the house.

Izumi knocked on the door and a kid with long blonde hair opened the door. The kid had orange and blue eyes, and horns on her head. "Hello little one, is your mother home?" Izumi asked and the girl nodded. "Mom! It's for you!" The girl called out, then a woman with blonde hair showed up. "Oh how may I help you?" The woman asked and Izumi brought out her badge. "We are with the police, we are here to discuss the...situation with your husband." Izumi said, the woman's eyes widened and looked at her daughter. "Um sweetie, can you please go in your room for a moment?" the woman asked and the kid nodded then left.

"Please come in. you all must be tired." The woman offered then we went inside her home. "I see you didn't tell your daughter about her father's death." I said, and we all walked to a living room. "Yes, she is already stressed about the bullying she receives in school, and I don't think she can handle her father's loss for the moment." The woman said and took a seat on her sofa. "I see, but what can you tell us about your husband? Mrs. Yaro?" Izumi asked, bringing out her notepad.

"Well, he was a good man. Both in and out of his work. He worked as a director in a fashion company, he starts work at eight o' clock and leaves at six." Yaro said and Izumi wrote that down. "Did your husband have any enemies of any sort?" Izumi asked and Mrs. Yaro thought for a moment. "No, everyone loved him. I don't think anyone would want to hurt them. But he did have a fight with our neighbor across the street, Mr. Jinjing. They had a fight that involved...physical contact." Mrs. Yaro said nervously.

"I'm sorry, did you say. Jinjing?" Round face asked and Mrs. Yaro nodded. Me, Izumi, and Round face looked at each other, then nodded. "I see. Thank you for your time ma'am." Izumi said, then we left the house, and started walking across the street. "So, now we interrogate the neighbour? It's too much of coincidence that he has the same last name as Haro Jinjing right?" I asked and Izumi nodded. "Yes, but something about what Mrs. Yaro said, seemed a bit...off." Izumi said and we walked across the street to what looked like to be Mr. Jinjing's house. "You know I can manage this on my own right? You both don't have to be here if you don't want to." Izumi said and we just smiled.

"We know, but this our first murder case in awhile. So we are not missing this." Round face said and I nodded. "Alright then." Izumi said, then knocked on the door. Mr. Jinjing, opened the door and saw us. "Hello Mr. Jinjing, we are with the police." Izumi said firmly. "We are here to discuss the murder of your neighbor, Mr. Yaro." I said and Mr. Jinjing moved aside. "Yes, I heard about that. Please come in then." Mr. Jinjing said and we went inside.

Mr. Jinjing showed us to the living room and we looked around a bit. "We were informed that you and Mr. Yaro had a fight and we would like to know why." Izumi said and Mr. Jinjing sighed. "Well, we used to work at the same company, until he got promoted to a higher position. We had a fight that was related to work, he was going to transfer me to a different department in another city but I needed to stay here with my family. But unfortunately he did not understand that and it led to a fight." Mr. Jinjing said and Izumi frowned.

"I see, that will be all. If there is anything you liked to bring up. Please let us know." Izumi said and gave Mr. Jinjing a card with her phone number.

We all left the house and Izumi was going through her notes. "Well where to next?" I asked and Izumi faced me. "We head to Mr. Yaro's office. Mr. Yaro was lying about the fight he had with Mr. Linjing. I saw through Mr. Yaro's memory and the fight was for a different reason." Izumi said and her quirk is really useful and this was going to be a long day.