Chapter 12

Izumi's pov:

I was going through the shadow portal, with Ms. Uraraka and Kacchan, we were at the company Mr. Yaro worked at. We entered the building and we walked to the security guard. "Excuse us, we are with the police and we would like to ask some questions." I said and showed the guard my badge. "Of course, what would you like to ask?" The guard asked and I showed him a photo of Mr. Yaro. "Do you know this man?" Ms. Uraraka asked and the guard looked at the photo. "Oh yeah, Mr. Yaro. he's good man, with a heart of gold." The guard said and I put away the photo.

"Well, I regret to inform you that mr. Yaro was recently murder last night." I said and the guard's face turned pale. "W-what? Oh gosh." The guard said and I pat him on the back. "If you don't mind, but can you tell us what floor he worked and where his office is?" Kacchan asked and the guard nodded. "Yeah, he works on the fifth floor, his office is the fourth door in the hall at the left." The guard said and we all nodded. "Thank you." I said, then we took the elevator to the fifth floor.

We all reached the fifth floor, and a few people were here but didn't seem to notice us. We walked to a woman who looked really worried and confused. "Ugh, where is Director Yaro, I know he needs to fight for custody for his daughter but he should have been here hours ago." A woman said and I tapped her shoulder. "Oh, you surprised me there. What can I do for you and the famous heroes?" The woman asked and I smiled. "We are here to discuss the murder of Mr. Yaro who was murdered last night?" Kacchan said and the woman turned pale.

"What! Director Yaro is dead." The woman said tearing up and I brought out a tissue box. "Thank you." The woman said and wiped away her tears. "Can you tell us anything about Mr. Yaro?" Kacchan asked and the woman nodded. "Okay, let's start with what you were talking about: the custody of his daughter?" I asked and brought out my notepad.

"Ah yes. Mr. Yaro said that he would be busy fighting for custody for his daughter. He said something happened between him and his wife but he didn't tell me any details." The woman said and I wrote that down, then I soon saw his memories of him having a fight with his wife, they were arguing about having a divorce and custody for their daughter along with something else. "I see, anything else?" I asked and the woman nodded.

"A few weeks ago he had been recently working a little late in the office. He would sometimes stay at work for two hours long then go home. I always leave the department so he is usually left alone." The woman said and that raised my suspicions. "Just out of curiosity, who are allowed to enter his office?" I asked and the woman thought for a second. "Well, only Mr. Linjing since he is in a high close position as the Director Yaro, family and me." The woman said and I nodded. "Okay, do you mind if we go through his office? There might be something that will help with the investigation." Ms. Uraraka said and the woman nodded. "Please follow me this way." The woman said and we followed her to an office.

"Thank you for leading us here, if there is anything else you would like to tell us please let us know." Kacchan said as I put my gloves on. The woman nodded then left. The office looked really nice and was well furnished. "Okay, search for anything in the most recent times." I said and Ms. Uraraka and Kacchan nodded. We started looking through the drawers and files in the office, while we were looking I came across a safe. I looked through Mr. Yaro's memory and saw that the code is 2010, the year his daughter was born.

I typed in the code in the safe and it opened to reveal two different files. "Jackpot." I thought , then grabbed the files. "Hey I found something." I said and that caught their attention. "Really? What is it?" Kacchan asked and I placed the files down, then opened it. "It is a case filed against Mrs. Yaro for child custody. It says here that Mrs. Yaro was having an affair with...Mr. Jinjing?" I said and I soon saw the memories of Mr. Yaro catching his wife in bed with Mr. Jinjing. "Ugh, I can see why he wanted a divorce." I said and I opened another file.