𝐯𝐢. Past Life

"I can remember my past life."

Everybody in the dining hall went quiet. The commanders exchanged glances, thinking about how the whole crew would react. Suddenly, all of them started laughing, startling you on your seat. You just stared at them, wondering what the loud laugh was for. You turned to Ace who started to talk but was cut off by his own laugh. Everyone quieted down a bit, turning to you with a smile. "Now, thatʼs interesting. Could you tell us about it?" Everybody was looking at you, the end of their lips curving onto a wide smile.

You stared at them in surprise, returning back the smile. "My world was a lot different from this world I live in. And no pirates existed." You paused, looking at everyone who was paying attentively to you. "No pirates? Now thatʼs not normal." Ace commented. You chuckled and continued to talk. "One day, a day that I thought would be normal, weird-looking people started to swarm around the area I lived in. It was clear they were dead. But some of them were still walking with gunshots and knives stabbed onto their bodies. They bite the living people they saw and turn them into their kind, making those creatures spread rapidly. I think it was caused by some virus or super rabies. I tried to hide, and was protecting someone. I couldnʼt remember who it was. But I got bitten by those creatures and tried my best not to give in, but before I could turn into one, the person I was protecting killed me because it was the only thing to do rather than being turned into a . . . Walking dead." After the long story of your past life you released a deep breath and looked at everyone.

"If you turned into one of them, you wouldnʼt wake up in this world and meet us. Thatʼs for sure." Thatch chuckled. "It sounded like a zombie apocalypse to me." Vista said, putting his finger onto his chin. "You talk more like a mature person. Unlike Ace here." Izo sighed. "Hey!" Ace whined. You laughed at their comments, making the others smile too.

"How did you find your devil fruit?" Marco asked, everyone turning to you once again.

"I saw a weird-looking fruit when I was hunting for food at the island and ate it. It tasted terrible but I was hungry, so I ate it anyways." You shrugged. "Pirates also visited the small island I once lived in. They said they were looking for devil fruits to sell. Their captain had a scar on his eye and had a red hair. He also doesnʼt have a left arm. He was hiding it inside his cape but I was able to see it."

And as you turned to them, the whole crewʼs faces was replaced with shock. Even Marco and the captain, Whitebeard was surprised. "Huh?!" All of them exclaimed.

"You met Red Haired Shanks?!"

To be continued . . .