𝐱𝐢𝐯. Nightmare

"Y/N!"

-☠︎︎-

"Y/N!"

You woke up from a familiar voice calling out your name. You turned to the person and saw, Izo. He was right there. Safe and sound. He wasnʼt wearing a bloody kimono and he was still standing up to his feet, worrying about you. This made you smile and swiftly got up from the soft mattress and hugged him tightly. Happy tears formed in your eyes making the male geisha worry more. But nonetheless, he smiled and returned the hug.

"Seems like they were a having a nightmare, yoi." Marco, who was beside the both of you the whole time, sighed in relief. You turned to him and curled your lips into a smile, while the first division commander returned it back. "You should take a rest, itʼs been a week since we saw you awake, yoi. Thatʼs why Izo here has been worrying a lot more." Marco advised, picking up his medical kit and exited his way from the room.

"A week?"

"Uh-huh. Youʼve been asleep almost a week after the incident with the marines. We would also find you in your bed shifting uncomfortably from time to time. Seems like you were having a really bad nightmare, huh?" Izo sighed.

"Incident?" You tilted your head indicating that you were confused.

"You donʼt remember?"

-☠︎︎-

"Y/N! Izo!"

"Fire Fist!" A fire attack came from above, burning down the marines that surrounded their crewmates. Looking up, a familiar flaming bird with the second division commander on its back flew by the sky. "Marco! Ace!" Izo called out to the two, smile plastering his face.

"Figured you needed help, yoi!" The phoenix commander smirked. Marco landed onto the bridge, Ace hopping down from his back soon after. "Marco! Take Y/N back to the Moby Dick! They need medical treatment immediately!" The male geisha hurried to him.

"And so are you, yoi." Marco stated, pointing at the gunshot by Izoʼs leg. "Iʼm surprised how you escaped the marines, especially with a wound by your leg." He added. Marco straightened his neck as Izo tied a cloth to hold you tightly onto his back. The phoenix flew soon after, leaving Ace and Izo to face the marines that was now coming on their way.

Izo had loaded his guns swiftly, while flames covered Aceʼs fists. The two commanders was back-to-back as smirks were plastered on their faces. They were ready to counter attack.

-☠︎︎-

As soon as Marco landed onto the deck of the Moby Dick, the latter transformed back to his human form and hurried you to Curiel, the shipʼs doctor. "Commander Marco! The other division commanders are inside the marine base!" Called out his division member. "Take Y/N to Curiel and Iʼll hurry back inside the base, yoi!"

"Yes, sir!"

-☠︎︎-

"The rest of the crew had invaded the base after we took you back." Izo finsihed off. You took your time to process the events that had happened before this week and blinked. "O-Oh. Iʼm glad." You smiled internally, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"It was just a nightmare."

"What is?" You snapped out of your thoughts, hearing Izoʼs voice as you almost forgot about the cross dressing man. "I thought something real bad had happened back there. But Iʼm glad Marco-san and Ace-san came in time." And as if sensing something wrong, the bed dipped as Izo sat by at the edge of the bed. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked as he gave you a reassuring smile. You blinked a couple of times as you became hesitant at first.

"By the time you came to take me back and reached the bridge, the soldiers were continually firing at us but you protected me. You . . . you were dead. Then I saw a clip of my past life. I-It felt so real. So real that I thought I . . . came back to that horrifying world." You took a shaky deep breath as your voice were already beginning to falter. "And the next thing I knew, I . . . I summoned a horde of those terrifying monsters into this world." Your breath hitched while you clutch onto the bedsheets. "No, they were beyond terrifying. I didnʼt like it. I didnʼt want you to experience what happened to me back there. S-So, I was glad to know that it was just some stupid nightmare." By that time, Izo had already wrapped his arms around you as you cried onto his chest.

"It was scary . . ."

To be continued . . .