Twenty-Six

Cute, cuddly and a little smutty ;)

-------------------------

"So are you sure your mom is cool with watching Raina again?" I asked Sam while biting my lower lip. He looked over at me and let out a light chuckle. "I just feel like I'm dumping my kid on her, you know?"

"This will be her second time watching her," he laughed. "She loves her already, and so does my sister. You have nothing to worry about. I promise. Now stopping being a Debbie-Downer, today is going to be so much fun."

"You really want to throw that name in there?" I scoffed playfully. He looked at me confused and took a minute to process what I meant.

"Oh," he said nodding. "Debbie." I laughed subtly and he grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed it. "Have you ever been sledding before?"

"Yes, Sam. I was thirteen once you know," I smiled. He playfully rolled his eyes and soon we were in front of the massive sledding hill Sam had told me about. Nate and the Jacks were already there waiting and they smiled once they saw us. The air was frigid, and I could only imagine how harsh the winds were going to be while I whipped down a hill on a questionable piece of plastic. The boys led me to the freshly fallen snow and we each carried a sled and they varied in colors. I was matched with pink, Sam had green, Nate had red, Gilinsky had blue, and Johnson had orange. "This is a huge hill," I said while looking to the bottom. It had to be hundreds of feet, and I questioned if it was truly safe or not.

"Trust me, it's fun as hell," Nate smirked over at me. I nodded and we all laid down our sleds. "We'll make this a competition - Bay and Johnson you guys can race me. Whoever the winner is faces Gilinsky and Sam. Is that defeat I smell in the air?" He asked sniffing around. "Nope, it's just you two," he said chuckling at Johnson and I. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'd love to hear you say that again when you're crying because you lost," I teased. We walked to the edge of the hill and laid down our sleds.

"Hey, Sammy maybe you should give your girlfriend a boost," Nate cocked a sly smile.

"Fuck off, Nate," I laughed. 

"Okay...three...two...one...go!" Gilinsky yelled. Johnson, Nate and I took off in an instant, and the wind blew snow in my face causing me to squint my eyes as I raced down the hill next to the two boys. I reached the bottom first and jumped up with glee. Nate nearly took me out with his body that was coming at me full speed on the sled, and I shouted obscenities at him while trying to hide my laughter. "Alright, Bay you're up."

"That was so rigged," Nate joked.

"Oh really? I thought you were so confident you were going to win - maybe they should call you Phony Maloley," I said with a cheesy smile radiating off of my face. "Alright, boys. Ready to shed some tears?"

"Yo, Sammy. Where'd you find this girl? She's feisty," Johnson said wrapping his arm around me. "Alright, Bay. Make 'em bleed!"

"Johnson don't encourage violence," Gilinsky chuckled. We lined up our sleds and took another ride down the hill. The three of us nearly tied but I won by a nanosecond. "Alright, fair win. You're pretty good," Gilinsky said pounding our fists together. For the rest of the day we participated in more races, and Nate and I became more and more competitive. We had some sort of brother-sister bond forming, and it was pretty fun to hang out with Sam's friends. They were laid back, and they all had a great sense of humor. We engaged in a snowball fight, and since it was the five of us and we couldn't split into teams evenly it was every man - and woman - for themselves. I didn't have a strong arm on me, but it was enough to hit a couple of the boys and make me feel some sort of victory even though I was beat terribly.