Chapter 7 | Catharsis

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

Laurent comes in bursting through my door. He doesn't give a fuck about the fact that I was sleeping.

"He's regained consciousness! Get up you lazy brute!"

I don't know when I fell asleep but it must've been hours ago. It's dark outside and Laurent is covered and soaking in water.

"Did you dive into the lake?"

I squeeze my eyes shut and yawn, not wanting to get up. My voice still has that morning tone to it. I did literally just wake up so that's not surprising.

My back is still against Laurent, I am facing the left side of my bed. The empty side, of course.

It doesn't matter how many ladies have graced this room with their presence, I never let them stay longer than necessary. Call me rude but I just need my space.

"It's raining. We have no time for jokes, Raze. Get up!"

I quickly turn around and jump out of bed. "If you scream like that again you'll wake her." I motion toward Fallon's door and he scoffs.

"Why does it matter to you if she has a good night's sleep? I wish her all the nightmares one can possibly see"

Don't say that.

"It doesn't matter to me, idiot! But if she hears you, she'll come along."

He rolls his eyes and starts making his way out of the room.

"Get dressed and hurry!" He whisper-shouts.

Laurent shuts the door behind him and I immediately start getting dressed. After I'm dressed, I step over to the balcony.

I want to check if Fallon is asleep but to my surprise, she isn't in her room.

Fuck.

The only thing I can do now is hope. Hope that she hasn't heard us. I don't even know who that man downstairs is but I don't want Fallon involved with any of it. She doesn't need to know all that he could possibly say.

I grab my dagger, a gun, and a few other things. I need an outlet for all my anger and frustration. I have a feeling the man downstairs would be just perfect.

The castle halls are empty and dark. You can hear a needle drop if you listen closely. The sunlight which normally brightens the corridors is down and only the moonlight shines through the large windows.

I reach the dungeon in record-breaking time. Laurent is sitting on a chair facing the cell. He has an empty seat next to him probably reserved for me. I take the seat and follow his gaze to the man in front of us.

His hair is wavy and extremely messy. His eyes are almost completely black. The scratches and wounds on his face are minimal but enough to know he has struggled to get here.