Chapter 42 | Traditions

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

"Sir, is that okay? Sir, are you l-listening to me?"

"Mhm, I am,"

I stay focused on Arryn, who's hovering around Fallon. The 'family' meeting has been going on for only five minutes and he has already found a way to snoop in.

Fal still looks happy though and that's the most important thing. She does look uncomfortable, not truly a mystery why.

"I'll discuss this later with Laurent. Give him all your concepts and ideas."

"Of course, your majesty." She bows her head and I leave.

If Arryn gets to join that conversation, I sure as hell will too.

"Oh, he has finally decided to join us!" Zale mocks when he notices me nearing Fallon.

Her head whips towards me and she smiles. That beautiful smile of hers, the one that reaches her eyes and warms my heart.

I know I'm going to make her situation even more difficult but I can't seem to care. Zale will have to suck it up.

"Darling," I greet her. I motion with my eyes for her to get up and even though she's slightly in pain and doesn't understand why, she does.

I sit down right where she was sitting. I place my hands on her hips and gently pull her down. Her eyes widen even further when I wrap my hand around her neck and pull her in for a soft kiss. A few short kisses and she pulls away, her cheeks red and her face filled with embarrassment.

She glances away and I brush my nose against her neck, her scent just as sweet as an hour ago when we were in bed. I see she's wearing gloves, she wasn't wearing them when we got down.

My fingers graze against her stomach, she's wearing pants and a half-long leather top exposing her tanned golden skin. She looks absolutely gorgeous with her hair in a long braid. A few streaks in her hair seem even lighter than they did when we first met.

"You're beautiful," I whisper to her while she's trying to come up with excuses as to why I'm so comfortably kissing her and touching her.

I don't think she even notices that she's fiddling with my hand. It's something she keeps doing more and more lately. It's cute, I like it. Then again, I adore almost everything she does.

Almost. I do hate her need of acting as if she hates me. I also hate that she hates herself. And she's infuriatingly stubborn. She fights me on every small decision, she can't do anything I tell her without arguing.

As I said. Almost.

Though I can't say I hate her. Not anymore. Not her. Anyone but her.

"Let's get out of here," I whisper again and she smiles but doesn't respond.

"Can you stop whispering things to her? We're trying to have a conversation." Zale speaks again.