Chapter 40 | Bonding

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

( POV: RAZE AEDEN )

!! TW: ALCOHOL ABUSE !!

I'm fast asleep with my head on the desk when I start hearing it, my head is already pounding and this is not helping. I'm at the conference room and we just had a way too long talk with Fallon, Laurent, and our head guards.

The security needs to be maximized. He can't just enter the castle without anyone batting an eye.

The sound is constant. As if someone is banging against the door.

I pull my head up from the hard wooden desk. A thin blanket is draped around me. Even if it's way too warm and therefore unnecessary, I think it's cute that Fal did it.

It's obviously her doing. I don't think Laurent cares that much about my warmth or comfort for that matter.

The banging continues and I hastily leave the office.

I follow the noise and it's coming from one of the rooms. I think this is either Corvina or Zale's room.

"Hello?" I knock on the door before entering because I don't need to see a naked Fearsey sibling. Another naked Fearsey sibling, that is. I love seeing Fallon naked but that's beside the point.

The door opens and I'm met with Hera. I haven't talked to her much but I recognize her light eyes. A stark contrast to her dark skin. Her eyes a strong blue, the purple hue makes it seem violet.

"Did I interrupt something?"

"No." She says, her voice sounds a bit shaky as she continues, "I'm glad you're here. I need help. I-i don't know what to do."

She opens the door and I see Zale Fearsey. The oh-so-scary lord and warrior. He has crashed the room entirely and now he's sitting on the floor.

What I notice instantly when she opens the door further is the strong smell of alcohol and the shattered bottles on the floor.

"What happened?"

She's shaken up and I don't know her well but she doesn't seem like the sensitive type.

"He heard about that Deimos guy. I wasn't here and when I came I found him like this."

"I thought he wasn't addicted?"

She shakes her head, "he isn't dependant on it, he can do without it but he drinks when he's upset."

I scoff, "he drinks when he's upset and he trashes the room like that? That's an addict if I've ever seen one. A functioning one, yes. But still an addict."

"I'll handle this, you go. Don't tell this to anyone."

She nods and glances at Zale one more time before leaving.

I enter the room and close the door. The first thing I do is walk towards the balcony and open the doors for some fresh air.

"Why would you do this to yourself?" I mutter under my breath while walking back towards him.