Chapter 24 | A dragonheart

( POV: FALLON CROW )

Raze is angry.

Truly genuinely furious.

I don't understand why because when I woke up this morning, he was caressing my arm, brushing through my hair with his fingers, and being exceptionally kind in every way a person can be.

Now he's sitting in the far right corner of the cabin, tying his shoelaces while angrily glaring at a vase with flowers in it.

Mountain flowers. They're beautiful. It's a unique flower and it only thrives here in Ravia. Maybe that's a lie but I wouldn't be able to know better since Ravia's all I've ever known.

People with great wealth usually do anything they can to get their hands on these flowers for their weddings or other significant and major events.

It's a blue purplish flower, resembling a cross between a rose and a tulip but it's way bigger and the color is vibrant. It's a symbol of prosperity for the wealthy and a symbol of yearning and love for the underprivileged.

The flower grows in the mountains, under rough conditions but still blooms. It doesn't give up. Also, the flower always blooms in pairs or groups, never alone. I like to think that it survives the relentless conditions of the mountains because of this. 

It doesn't appear each year, only once in a few years.

They call it the Dragonheart Aflon or just short a Dragonheart some even say an aflon.

They're unquestionably gorgeous, it must not have been easy to obtain them. I appreciate the gesture although Raze still glares at them.

I move the aflons from the little table they were positioned on and spot them on the nightstand, next to the bed.

I notice that Raze follows the flowers with his eyes. For a moment I think that he's staring at me but no, he's eyeing the flowers.

"Are you allergic?" I can't think of any other reason why a grown man would engage in a staring contest with a flower. 

"No." He harshly dismisses me, turning his gaze away.

"Okay." I sigh but don't entertain this any more than I already have. I think he senses my confusion regarding his behavior but he doesn't say anything.

I'm supposed to be the angry one.

"I'm going." He says right before he slams the door shut behind him. The wind rushes inside and reminds me of the horrid cold outside. Still not as cold as Raze's attitude, that's for sure.

He left me on edge yesterday, why is he so cranky? He literally worked me up, had me like putty in his hands, and then left me stranded. He embarrassed me. Or maybe I embarrassed myself...

Whatever, I shouldn't dwell on this. He's not worth my time. I stroll over to the wardrobe and scour through the options. The chill that I felt earlier makes me opt for something that'll keep me warm. Wool it is.