45. New life

The morning after I left with the first team. Ricks plan was to get the jump on negan from the map that Gregory gave us.
It would be shallow if I said their was a few faults in this plan, because theirs a lot!

But I still moved with my squad. Rick Daryl and michonne gun down the men that were chaining walker to the road as a block.
Morgan takes out the last man as I pat down one of the other men.

"Good people. I found something on our quarry" Ezekiel announces pulling out a piece of paper.
"A map and table. Appears to be facts" he says handing it to rick as we all move over.
"Lining up people on the road south of here. That's where negan will be" rick determines.
"We need to get to negan before they figure out we have it" Carol says as rick grabs a walkie talkie.
"Maggie" he says.
"I'm here"
"It's time. It was a trap so we're changing the plan" he says as we make a new one.

Half way across the field maggies group met up with ours and we continued.
"I've got a idea" I hear Jesus tell Morgan as he grabs his stick.
"This end for the dead and this end for the living, things will get better" he says speeding up infront of us.

"Jesus, I'm starting to like that guy" Carol says and I smile up at them.
Daryl glances over to me and then stops dead in his tracks. In seconds everyone stops and looks down the hill at a herd.
"You ever seen one that big?" Ezekiel asks.
"No, lets keep moving" rick says.
"How much longer?" Daryl asks.
"Not much longer. Over the ridge" Ezekiel replies
Daryl nods as I drift closer to him and stroke his hand. He smirks down and takes mine in his as we keep moving.

We get though a bunch of trees as whistling fills the valley.
We all lift our guns up and scan the area for negan.
"Well damn rick, look at that" negan says though a speaker, still out of sight.
"I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush" he laughs down the speaker.
"How bout you step out and face us?" Rick shouts.

"Oh I am in every direction rick. Pick a direction to run, see how well you do. Make it fun for all of us. I brought you some of your old friends, you temper your buddy eugene? Well he is the one that made today possible. Same goes for dwights boy here, incase you were wondering he didn't reel you in on purpose. No he is just a gutless nothing that sucks at life and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die, and he has to live with that. Gabriel he has to go too. And then theirs you, didn't have to end like this but they are. Congratulations rick" he says.

"3" he starts.
"2" we become more jumpy.
"1" he finishes as his men come over the horizon. Atleast double our numbers and all holding guns.
They all shoot and scream as the bullets backfire.
"Now!" Rick shouts after confusion leaves his face.

We rush up the hill and aim at the saviours as they surrender.
Rick glances across the group before running to look for negan.
We park down the saviours for weapons before walking over the hill and watching rick slit Negans throat.

He turns to us while holding his hand.
"Save him" he mumbles pointing at negan.
Two people run over to help as Maggie cries out for him to die.
"It's finally over" I whisper.
"You were right" I tell Carol to my left.
"When have I been wrong?" She asks smiling.
Rick walks up and draws his attention to the saviours before talking.

"Negans alive but his way off working is over. Anyone that can't live with that can pay the price I promise you that. And anyone here that would live in peace and fairness, find common ground, this world is yours by right. We are alive! That's dead! And it's coming for us. Unless me stand together. We go home and then the work begins. The new world begins!" He announces as a tingle runs down my spine.
Rick walks back down to the tree and sits down in silence.