19. Gabriel

Carol leads us down a road. I put rose on my back because she hasn't eaten for days.
I feel ashamed to have kept the food from her even if it was of human flesh.
I feel her breathing shallow as she goes to sleep and I sigh I relief.

I see a cabin over the hill.
We start towards it as Tyreese walks out with Judith in his arms with a small black and white figure next to him.
Rick drops his bag and runs to the pair as I feel tears in my eyes.
I whistle and lucky comes running to my side. I crouch down carful not to wake rose as lucky licks my face and hands.
After a minute I finally stand up with lucky still jumping at my heels.
Daryl crouches Down and steals her attention giving her a big stroke before standing up with me.

"You okay?" Daryl asks softer then normal as rick kisses his daughter.
"Yeah just too happy"
"I'm not talken about dat" he says looking down at my ribs.
"Just sore" I say softly as he gives me a soft kiss on the lips.
"Gross get a room" May moans making me laugh.
"Sorry she has no filter" I tell daryl.
"Hey that rude!" She snaps.
"And so are you manners" I taunt as she growls and walks away.

I look over at her brother that's doing everything in his power not to laugh.
"Let's find a place to camp" Abraham speaks up.
"Alright I say we move north. Get some ground between the prison and this place" ricks says to the group.
"The prison?"
"Our old home" I inform him.
"Alright we move north" Abraham agrees and we start our move.

We get to a small tree opening when rick says that we should stay here.
I try to cover my tiredness as I finally put rose on the floor. She runs off to the siblings to help make the fire.
"Ya shouldn't have carried her'" Daryl states as I let out a relaxed breath.

"I know but she hasn't eaten for day and she's only small" I say.
"And how longs it been since you've eaten" he asks and I look down.
"If I had food I would give it to her" I said softly as Daryl places a warm hand on my arm.
"Ya freezing" he says pulling his hand away.
I nod as I lie down on the ground next to the fire.

Daryl sits next me and watches the flames with me. We sit like this for a couple hours till I get bored.
"I'll go on watch" I announce getting up only to be followed by Daryl.
"You don't have to follow me you know" I joke remembering the day we met.
"I'm not leaven your side again" he growls.
"Fine but it's gonna be boring and cold so don't moan" I joke again. I hear him snort as I start climbing a tree.
"Nope" I hear him whisper as I feel him pull me down by my waist.

"Your stayin with me" he says simply.
"Okay but can we sit?" I ask and he suddenly drops taking me with him.
I yelp as my butt hits the ground sending a vibration up my ribs.
He notices my movement and pulls my top up revealing bruising.
"Should have told me" he growls again.
"I know, I'm sorry" I whisper

"I missed this" I say Leaning into his chest.
"We though ya were dead, I went out everyday ta look for ya but I couldn't find your trail" he says quietly.
"Same when I saw our home destroyed" I say rubbing his arm though the fabrics of his shirt.
He stays silent and I end up listening to his breath shallowing.
I hear light snores that confirm my theory. I shuffle into his heat and take watch for a couple hours till glenn takes over.

We ended up moving at the crack of dawn. Somehow rick manage to find a couple cans of beans so we had a small breakfast before setting off.
The sun decided to come out so most of the group lost some of their clothing for the travels.

I hear a scream in the distance and so does the group.
We start running towards the screams till we meet a priest trying to climb away from a few walkers.
Daryl swiftly takes one out with a cross bow as I use my new weapons from terminus to take out the next. By the time I'm done the others were dead too.