17. The end thats begun

The travel to town wasn't far but it was also empty so I had to try the houses in the local area.
I drove down the street looking at the houses and trying to decide which one could have had toddlers in.
I finally see one with a small swing and a couple balls out the front and decided it would do.
I park my bike in the middle of the road and sneak up to the house.
I use my crowbar to get the door open and close it behind me before checking if it's clear.

Once I checked the house was clear I searched all the cupboards for anything useful.
In the end I managed to find a couple batteries and undersized nappies.
"Useless" I whisper throwing them on the ground and making my way back out the house.
I instantly notice my slashed tyres and fuel tank. I race over and check my surroundings for the culprit.

I stand their scanning the same area for a couple minutes before deciding to look for a car but only notice a few that look like the fuels been taken from them.

Half way down the road a horde making its way to me. I feel my heart jump out my throat as I realise the number of them.
I knew I couldn't make it back to the houses on the their path and not risk getting bite so I begin towards an old cottage me and michonne found a month or so back.
The place is very small and from the look of things not in the way of the hordes path.
"Itll have to do" I say quietly sitting down on a small chair next to the rotting table.
I feel myself drift off in my safe shack.

I wake up to voices three to be exact. Their arguing about the horde that just past. They get closer and closer.
I ready my bow and aim at the door as the first opens it with a shocked face.
"Don't move" I command pulling my arm back.
"A-Alright just don't shoot" he stutters as he friend reaches for a gun.

"I wouldn't if I were you. By the time you shoot me my arrow will be in beaded in his chest... and from the looks of things he's the hunter of the group" I say scanning him and seeing the wire and hunting knife.
"Alright, I won't shoot" he says lowering to the ground with the gun in hand.
He flicks up the Gun and shoots my arm as I kill the man I was aiming at.

"WHAT THE HELL MAN?" The third shouts at the shooter as I aim my new arrow at him.
"I-I thought she was bluffing"
"Look at the world around you does it look like I would bluff about death"
"No I thought you'll have some sanity" he growls before launching at me and knocking my bow.
He holds me to the ground trying to send punches to my face as I block them.
I draw my leg up and hit him in his no no zone. He groans falling off and I jump up.
I ready myself for the second guy but he puts his hands up.

"I don't wanna fight" he says shakily.
"Alright well I'll be on my way now" I say picking up my bow with my healthy arm.

I manage to find a river and decide to walk along it till I reach a road.
The sun starts to set and I realise that Daryl's gonna kill me when I get home.
I sigh and decide it's too late now before sitting next to the fast flowing river.
I take a deep breath and begin to think of the world we like in.

I begin to feel numb and cold all over before I feel a colder hand on my shoulder.
I twist out the arms of the one armed walker and balance on the edge before being knocked in by the creature.
Water rushed past me as I'm dragged though and under the water.
I barely see the rocks as the current pulls me down. My body smashes of the floor several times before I black out.

I hear stuttering and popping of flames as I waken.
My body aches as if I havnt moved for days, I manage to move my head towards the fire to my side and see three kids sitting around it.
"She's awake!" The smallest yells.
I sit up a bit as I look at the kids. The smallest was a small African that looked about 5 where the other two looked like siblings a year apart from each other.

"Who are you? What happened?" I ask as the older girl jumps up and grabs a gun.
"We ask the questions" she says sternly.
"You got the balls to pull the trigger?" I ask moving and standing up.
"If I have to" she replies.
"Well you won't" I say rubbing my head.
"Who are you?" The boy asks softly.
"Thea wrenneck"
"Where are you from?" He continues.
"My group at our base" I answer standing up.
"How many?"
"Too many for me to remenber. Now who are you guys?" I ask rubbing my hands to hear them up.