leaving.

It's 4 am. The sound of your alarm wakes you up. You text Melo to make sure he's awake.

You : hey, you up?

Melo : yeah but im tired asl tho

You start your morning off by brushing your teeth then doing your skin care routine. You walk to your closet and grab your favorite black oversized hoodie. You throw own some nike pros, but pack some sweats in your backpack, just incase it gets chilly. You put on your Gucci slides and walk to the mirror. You throw your armpit length curls into a sleek top knot bun and grab your glasses because you know you'll fall asleep with your contacts in if you don't. You grab some gum and head downstairs to the den to wait for your mom and dad to finish getting ready.

You : Xavier are you eating here or are we stopping.

Xavier : Probably stopping later, but how yo fat ass already thinking bout food and we haven't even left yet?

You : Boy shut the hell up who said I was thinking bout food, I just didn't wanna be the only one eating in the car. By the way, who you riding with?

Xavier : I'm riding with Gelo and Melo, why?

You : Cause I'm gon ride with y'all, I'm not gon be sitting in a car with old folks for a whole day.

Xavier : Now you know damn well you just wanna be with Melo.

You : Boy please, he the least of my worries.

Not Xavier in my business. Chile, so what if I just wanted to be with Melo the whole ride? What that gotta do with him?

Your parents are ready and they start to load up the SUV they rented. You and Xavier both get in the back seat and head to the Ball residence. 

20 minutes later 

As you pull into the Ball's driveway you get excited.

I get to sit next to Melo. I get to sit next to Melo. 

You hop out of the SUV and open their front door to see Melo sitting at the bar. You look at him with your big brown eyes and smile.

You : Goodmorning bum.

Melo : Hey Dezo.

He stands up and hugs you.

His breath smells like peppermint, and his body smells fresh.

Xavier watches you two and scoffs.

Xavier : Look we gotta go, where's Gelo?

Melo : He inna bathroom, GELO WE BOUT TO GET IN THE CAR.

He's even sexy when he's yelling.

You Melo and Xavier walk outside.

Xavier : SHOTGUN.

You act upset. But in reality you wanted Xavier to sit in the front. You and Melo get situated in the back. He sits on the drivers side, you sit on the passengers side. You sit your backpack in the middle. Melo spreads his legs and leans his head back. You can tell he's tired. You look out the window as you put your AirPods in and see Tina and Lavar getting in your families rental SUV. You turn back around to see Melo knocked out, and Gelo starting the car. This is going to be a long day.

4 hours later.

We're pulling up to the Starbucks drive thru. You get your usual, a white iced mocha with caramel drizzle and a sausage and cheese croissant. Melo copies you and you roll your eyes but smirk. You eat your breakfast with Melo and put your AirPods back in. He takes one out and whispers in your ear.

Melo : I have a surprise for you when we get to the hotel.

You smile at him wondering what it could be. He looks at you and winks.

2 hours later.

Your eyes start feeling heavy. You look over at Melo and he's on snapchat. You tap his leg and make motions, alerting him you want to lay down. He nods. You rest your head on his lap and take a morning nap.

MELOS POV

Destiny. She wants to lay in my lap. Hell yeah you can lay in my lap, that's some cute ass shit. I told her earlier I have a surprise for her. I wonder what she thinks it is. Man even though we aren't in a relationship, I think I'm catching feelings all over again. Yes again. I used to have a crush on Destiny when we were kids. I would always snatch her barbies and pop their heads off. Yeah it sounds weird and creepy, but a youngin aint know how to flirt back then.