promise.

a week later.

It's 6:47 pm. 2 more hours until you have to leave. Your parents don't know where you're actually going. You told them you're going to your friends birthday dinner. Your " friends birthday dinner " is actually a date. With no other, Melo. You quickly get up and run to the closet.

What am I gonna wear.

You remembered you ordered a lot of stuff from Fashion Nova that you never opened. It got here last week while you were away at Melo's game. You search through your drawers to find some hair scissors. You sit criss crossed and start to open the box. You start throwing clothes left and right until you see this white two piece sweater suit.

When did I order this? Anyways it's cute and i'm wearing it.

You throw the set on your bathroom counter and go back to your closet to look for some accessories and shoes. You find a dark denim cropped jacket , and decide to wear your Alexander McQueens. You also grab your Louis Vuitton NEO ALMA BB purse in Cream. You turn on the shower real quick and step in. The water feels so good on your legs because yes, they're kind of still sore. You quickly wash up and shave your whole body. Making sure to exfoliate after. No razor bumps over here. Also just incase he wants desert.

Actually.. Melo never told me where he's taking me..

You step out of the shower and moisturize your body. You dry off and put on your Victoria Secret Shine Strap set. You look through your perfume collection, and contemplate.

What do I want to smell like?

Your eyes travel up and down left and right. You pick a classic. Marc Jacobs Daisy. You look in the mirror and snatch your bonnet off your head. Thank God you got your hair and lashes done the other day. You pull out your curling iron to refresh your curls, and finish the style off with some hairspray. You grab your purse and shoes and sit on your bed. You text Melo.

melooo 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

You : what time you want me to be outside?

He doesn't respond for a while. You double text him.

You : nigga i know you not ignoring me , i den got dressed and all. dont make me ask someone else to pull up.

Melo : chill chill my bad i was getting something for u, n be out side at 8 ma

You smile.

You : yeah yeah , i got you .

So he bought me something? How sweet. You check the time again, 7:39 pm. You're bored so you start taking pictures on snapchat and posting.

LightskinDre 🧑🏼‍🦱📌 is typing..
Tiara 👸🏾 is typing..
Maia Lewinsky 🧘🏽‍♀️ is typing..

You look at the time again. 7:54 pm. You grab your purse and head downstairs. Your mom and dad are in the living room and say that you look good. You smile, wave goodbye, and walk out of the front door.

melooo 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

You: wya?

melooo 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 wants to facetime.

You decline. No sneak peaks. Instead you call him. He picks up.

Melo : Why you ain't answer
You : I don't want you to wreck. I asked you where you was.
Melo : I'm pulling in yo neighborhood, where you at?
You : I'm outside.
Melo : Aight.

He hangs up and you see bright headlights pull into your driveway. You quickly jump in his Rolls Royce and tell him to pull off because your mom checks the ring. He nods and drives off. He looks at you.

Melo : Damn Des you always tryna out do somebody!
You : Boy what?

You look at him. He looks fine as hell in red.

You : Ahh look at you, you finally learned how to dress.

You tug at his pants.

Melo : Girl hush, and you.. you look sexy as hell.. you sure you was coming like this for me?

You smirk and nod. He stops at a red light. You grab his face and kiss him. He wipes his lip.

Melo : Why you always tryna kiss a nigga with lipgloss on bro.

You laugh.

You : It's my mark on you.

He playfully pushes your arm and rests his hand on your thigh. His thumb moves back and forth, rubbing your inner thigh.

You : These pants white Melo.
Melo : So?
You : Now you know I got that super soaker 3000

Melo laughs and squeezes your thigh.

Melo : You funny.
You : Like ian know that.

Melo turns on the radio and starts singing to Adorn You - Miguel. You pull out your phone and start recording. He faces the camera and sings. You laugh and he grabs your hand. You rewatch the video and post it to your private story. He pulls into a parking lot. You're at
Sugar Factory. Melo reaches behind your seat and grabs something from the back. It's a box.
Melo hands you the box and pulls out his phone to record.

Melo : Open it.

You look at him and down at the box. You smile and start to unwrap. You see the words " KAY JEWE " and put your hands over your mouth.

You : Melo...

You continue to unwrap. You open the box and smile hard. Melo points the phone towards the box. It's a promise ring. He sets the phone up on his dashboard and grabs the box from your hands. He pulls the ring out and shows the camera. He slides the ring on your finger and kisses your hand. Your eyes start tearing up, but you start to fan them and blink super fast.

Melo : You like it?
You : I love it.
Melo : I love you.
You : I love you too.

He stops the camera and kisses you passionately . He opens his door and gets out. He walks over to your side and opens your door. He grabs your hand and helps you out of his car. You two walk into Sugar Factor holding hands.

 You two walk into Sugar Factor holding hands