8

17-year-old Jake was dumbfounded as Sunghoon left without saying a word to him. He was looking forward to the ride home with Jay and Sunghoon. He even hoped that he could spend more time with them afterward - maybe invite them into his house. 

There was no point in expecting anything like that to happen. Jake sighed as he hoisted his almost empty backpack to go home after his eventful first day at a new school. 

He was almost through the door when he felt an arm wrap around his shoulders. It was Jay who was sporting a grin on his face. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Uh, Home..?"

"I can't let you go home like this. Come on, let me show you something," Jay said with an almost mischievous expression.

Jake was puzzled but he allowed Jay to guide him down two flights of stairs into what he assumed was a basement portion of the school. All the while, Jay had his arm around Jake as he gently pushed him along.

They walked a brightly lit hallway with marble flooring past many doors that looked thick and insulated. Finally, Jay stopped at a door with a plaque that read, 'ENHYPEN' .

Jay gave Jake a smile as he entered a password. Jake returned Jay's smile with a look of confusion. 

The lock made a beeping sound as it unlocked and Jay pushed the door open revealing a room filled with amps, speakers, and intruments.

"Tada! This is the band I was talking about earlier!" Jay said triumphently.

Jake couldn't help but be impressed with the band room. The room was rectangular and the walls and ceiling had soundproofing material on them. In one corner of the room, there was a set of drums where a boy was adjusting the snare. On each side of the drum set, various speakers and amplifiers were lined up against the wall, all facing on a center spot where a microphone stand was. On the microphone stand's left, there was a keyboard and a bass guitar that was hanging on the wall. On the other side of the room, there was a dual monitor computer hooked up to a complicated-looking audio interface where various plugs and wires were connected. And finally, next to the door, there was a set of sofas and bean-bag chairs where two boys were talking to each other.

"Jay-hyung!" one of the boys exclaimed as Jay and Jake made their way into the room.

Jay quickly unwrapped his arms from Jake's shoulders.

"Hey Jungwon!" he said at the boy who had called his name.

"And Sunoo," he added nodding at the boy sitting next to Jungwon.

"And Niki!" he practically shouted at the boy who was sitting at the drumset all the way across the room. 

"This is Jake! I hope you don't mind me bringing him here. He was curious about the band. Jake, this is Jungwon, who plays guitar with me."

"Nice to meet you," Jake said to the younger boy. 

"That is Sunoo, he plays the keyboard-"