10

"You mean they slept in the same bed?"

The next morning, Jay left Sunghoon's house to go to band practice where he couldn't help but tell his crush all about what had happened the day before. 

"Yeah! I went in to check on Sunghoon and he was just cuddling with Jake," Jay continued with an expression that held shock, confusion, and just a little hint of nausea. He glanced at Jungwon, "Sunghoon. Cuddling. Those are two words that don't belong in the same sentence... Ever."  

Jungwon chuckled at Jay's reaction to his friend's displays of affection. To anyone else, it may have seemed like an overreaction, but Jungwon, along with everyone attending Sky High school, knew that it was all but that. Everybody knew about Sunghoon's reputation as the 'ice prince'. He never showed anyone the slightest hint of warmth or affection - rumor was that Sunghoon had never smiled since the sixth grade. 

Knowing this, Jungwon shook his head in disbelief, "Wow... Sunghoon sunbae cuddling..."

"But don't tell anyone! Sunghoon would literally slap me back to Seattle if he knew I told anybody about this," Jay said to Jungwon.

"Told anybody about what?"

Jay and Jungwon both jumped in surprise as they heard a new voice joining their private conversation. 

"NOthing!" Jungwon said, his voice coming out something like a squeal. He had taken what Jay had said would happen to him if anyone found out quite literally, and Jay was right where Jungwon wanted him to be - right by his side. 

Heeseung furrowed his brow. The boys in front of him were obviously hiding something, and he was curious to find out. He knew Jay had the bigger mouth, but he also knew that Jay liked Jungwon and couldn't stand to see him suffer.

"Jungwon," Heeseung said in a stern tone. "I am your senior by two years, you know that right?"

Jungwon's eyes widened in fear as he gulped and slowly nodded. He looked like a lamb that was pushed into a corner and Heeseung almost smiled at the younger boy's cuteness.

"Well, I asked you a question and-"

"Sunghoon and Jake slept in the same bed yesterday and I saw them cuddling this morning," Jay said hurriedly as he stepped between Jungwon and Heeseung with a worried look on his face. 

"Jay-hyeung! You shouldn't have said anything!" Jungwon said to Jay as if he had just taken a bullet in his stead whereas the reality was that he had simply shared a piece of gossip to a curious ear.

Jay spun around and put his hands on Jungwon's shoulders. "Always remember this way, no matter what happens," he said in a dramatic tone. 

Jungwon looked into Jay's eyes with his own filled with conviction and determination and started nodding vigorously as he took Jay's hand in his.