24

'What do I say to him? What do I ask?'

Sunghoon's head was filled with questions. He didn't know what had occurred to him earlier that day when he had asked Jake to have dinner with him.

He remembered how hard he worked to not appear hostile or mad. If he had learned anything from the past few weeks, it was that anger didn't help in these kinds of situations.

RING!

The raven-haired boy's thoughts were interrupted as he heard the bell ringing. 

He sighed and closed his eyes. Part of him dreaded talking to Jake. He wanted, no he wished for a clear and easy answer. But he knew that he was just wishful thinking as his mind kept coming up with scenarios where Jake would reject him or say that he just wanted to forget everything. 

Sunghoon opened his eyes, hoping to find something to distract him, and was pleased to find his three friends gathered around his desk, all looking straight at him.

Jay was the first one to speak, "I heard you have a big thing today."

Sunghoon nodded. 

"Good luck, man."

Sunghoon nodded again. He appreciated it, but It felt as if they were sending him out into a battlefield.

The raven-haired boy tried to force a smile to lift his spirits. Maybe a smile would help the situation.

"Uh-oh," he heard Taehyun say immediately. "What's wrong with his face? He's doing something weird with his face."

Sunghoon furrowed his brows.

"It's a smile," he said.

"A smile?" Somi asked. "Are you sure? It looks like someone just stabbed you."

"What?"

"Yeah, man," Jay added. "Don't do that in front of Jake."

"Definitely," Taehyun added.

"Well, that was refreshing," Sunghoon said as he grabbed his bag and stood up from his desk. "So no smiling in front of Jake. Got it."

"Well you can smile," Jay said. "Just don't do whatever you just did just now."