26

Sunghoon couldn't believe what had happened as he came into his house. The image of Jake from just a few seconds ago floated in his mind like a mirage. 

After their ordeal in the alley, the two boys had gone back to the restaurant where they found that their table had been cleared. After getting another table, the two boys ate, both smiling for no apparent reason. 

The rest of the day was a blur, but Sunghoon distinctly remembered how Jake had brushed his hand against his "on accident" as they were walking home. He didn't remember how exactly, but the next thing he knew, the two boys were walking hand-in-hand, both avoiding each other's eyes out of fear of their hearts exploding. 

Sunghoon didn't remember the last time that he had felt so happy. He knew it had to have been years at least... since his mom had passed away. 

The boy quickly shook the thought out of his head and went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. As he put his toothbrush into his mouth he looked up to find that he almost didn't recognize the person in the mirror. 

It was a pale boy with jet-black hair, but his eyes had a certain sparkle to them, and the corners of his mouth were curled up as if he had just thought of something funny. Or something beautiful... like a daisy... or Jaeyoon... or Jake... or the boy he had kissed today... 

Sunghoon felt his smile growing uncontrollably as he placed his hand on his forehead. Just the thought of the brown-haired boy filled him from head to toe with joy. So much joy that it felt as if his heart would burst.

After Sunghoon had washed up, he collapsed onto his bed, thoughts of Jake still swimming in his head. 

However, as he was reminiscing the day's events, the boy realized something that made him jolt up into a sitting position. 

Jake and he had had an eventful day, but the two hadn't really talked about it. They had just kissed, eaten, held hands, and then just gone home. Of course, they had said that they liked each other, but did that make them... boyfriends? 

Sunghoon shook his head as he grabbed his phone to call Jake. However, he hesitated, his finger hovering above the screen. 

'Is this too much?' he thought to himself. 'Maybe I shouldn't..'

Just then, the boy's phone began to vibrate and Sunghoon nearly dropped his phone. 

'Jake Shim,' the screen showed. 

Sunghoon gulped and tried to calm his racing pulse before answering it. 

"Hello?"

"Hey, Sunghoon," he heard a soft voice say over the phone, and Sunghoon immediately felt a warm feeling rush through his body. 

"Hey Jake," the boy replied, struggling to hide his glee. 

"Um... I was wondering if you had anything to do tomorrow."

Sunghoon felt a rush coming from his chest and closed his eyes trying to control his voice.