FIFTY-FIVE

FIFTY-FIVE:

Fred and I slept on the sofa in the Burrow. It was quite tight, but at least we were together. Fred usually took up most of the space while I basically lay on top of him, holding him in my arms. With Bill and Fleur's wedding fast approaching, the Burrow was being turned upside down and cleaned in preparation for the ceremony. It was early morning and Fred and I were awoken by a frantic Mrs Weasley who ran around the house, cleaning and putting things away and hanging banners and blowing up balloons. I rubbed my eyes and stretched and got to my feet, "Do you need some help, Mrs Weasley?" I asked, approaching her.

She turned to me with a smile, "Can you please help the girls get dressed? Fleur's sister is upstairs in Ginny's room."

"Of course." I smiled to her, pecking Fred on the lips.

"Fred, please hurry and get dressed. Your father is waiting for you to help set up the marquee."

We dispersed. I made my way to Ginny's room where Ginny and Fleur's sister, Gabrielle, were slipping into their bridesmaid's dresses. I recognized Gabrielle from visiting Hogwarts with Beaxbatons during my sixth year, but she looked a lot older and matured. "Oh, there you are." Ginny smiled to me, "I just need help pinning up my hair. Mum thinks we can't do anything by ourselves."

"It's okay." I smiled, grabbing a handful of pins from Ginny's dresser and standing behind her, pinning up strands of her hair. Ginny thanked me and began to tidy up her room while I pinned up Gabrielle's hair in a similar fashion to Ginny's. Gabrielle thanked me and soon left the room to find her sister. I turned to Ginny and helped tidy her things away. "So, what's the story with you and Potter?"

Ginny looked to me with confusion written all over her face, "What are you talking about?"

"I've seen the two of you over the last few days. You fancy him and if not, he definitely fancies you."

"Is it that obvious?" Ginny asked standing up straight looking around at her newly tidy room.

I simply nodded my head. "Here -" I said stepping to the back of Ginny and zipping down the back of her dress.

"- What are you doing?"

"Go ask him to zip up your dress." Ginny turned to me, "Go ask him. You'll thank me later."

Ginny looked to me with confusion before leaving the room. Hermione was also staying in this room, her red dress was hung up beside her bed. They let me leave my things in their room since I was not staying in one. My dress was barely hung up beside the window. It was a mid-length black dress that was a little too tight for pleasure but I didn't own anything else to wear to such a formal event. There were long laced sleeves to cover that mark that Fred and his family refuse to acknowledge.

I approached the window and saw everyone in the garden putting the marquee up. I smiled noticing Fred and he noticing me. He waved to me and blew me a kiss. All of a sudden, there was a crack and a thin male figure appeared, walking up toward the house. My eyes widened and my heart raced as I recognized him to be Rufus Scrimgeour, the Minister for Magic. I ducked beneath the window, trying not to be detected. I felt my palms begin to sweat and my heart starting to race. Suddenly, the door to Ginny's bedroom swung open, scaring me. I became relieved to see that it was Fred, already dressed for the wedding. "What is the Minister for Magic doing here?" I asked in a whisper as I heard footsteps enter the house that could only belong to Scrimgeour.

Fred approached me, "I have no idea." He also said in a whisper, "You can't be seen here."

"I could be killed." Escaped my lips. I looked hesitant to Fred who sat on the floor beside me.