YEAR 5: TWENTY-TWO

YEAR 5:

TWENTY-TWO

The weather seemed to the deteriorate as the Winter months came by. The pounding rain and strong winds gave Adrian and I the perfect excuse to stay in the common room today. Most of the Slytherins took advantage as all of the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs were at the Quidditch match, by walking around the castle or using up the Great Hall for study time without anyone pestering them. With the common room mostly empty and Terence and Jaz studying in the Great Hall, it was the first time in a long time that Adrian and I had some time together.

"It's been so long since it's just been the two of us." Adrian smiled to me, "It's nice to have some alone time for a change."

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I don't really want to talk about it." I breathed.

"You know that's what I'm here for." Adrian said, trying to make eye contact with me, "You're supposed to tell me all of your problems and I'm supposed to understand, help you and move on."

I rolled my eyes, shook my head and folded my arms, "No." I snapped, "You don't understand."

"What don't I understand?" Adrian said defensively, "You've been acting weird lately, I'm here to help you."

I rolled my eyes once more, "Some things in my life, Adrian, are meant for me only. If I don't want to tell you everything going on in my life, I'm not going to."

"So I'm just supposed to be left in the dark? That's not how relationships work, Pandora."

I bit on my tongue at the sound of that name. I began getting to my feet, "Then how are they suppose to work, Adrian?" I asked, losing my patience.

Adrian shrugged. I tutted, gathered my things and began to walk away, "Where are you going?" He called after me.

"Somewhere away from you."

I made my way out of the dungeons and decided to try and clear my head. I don't blame Adrian, I know he was only trying to help. But it's hard keeping all of these secrets and trying to hide your emotions because of them. I began walking through the third floor corridor when a group of Gryffindor's exited the Hospital Wing. All wearing the red and gold colors of Gryffindor, also soaking wet. I looked to see who was among the group and noticed it consisting of Neville, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Sheamus. "Hey, Pandora." Fred smiled, disbanding from the group along with George, "What are you doing up around here?" I noticed that they were still in their Quidditch robes and soaking wet from the heavy rain which had slightly eased by now.

I inhaled deeply, "Just on a walk. Typical me." I giggled, trying to laugh everything off. "What are you guys doing here? Who got hurt?"

"Harry." George sighed, "Dementors invaded the Quidditch pitch and attacked him again. He's alright though."

I was confused, "I thought they weren't allowed inside the grounds? That's so strange."

There was a pause for a moment, "Why are you really on a walk?" Fred asked me.

I shrugged, "Can I not go for a walk?"

"Yeah, but usually something is bothering you when you do." George added in.

I sighed, "Fine. You cracked the code. Adrian and I had a little fight."

"About what?"

"He just thinks I've been acting weird and thinks I'm keeping him in the dark." I sighed again, "Ever since Sirius Black got out of Azkaban and has even been in the school, I can't help but feel anxious."