10 - annie

"Her name is Annie!" Dream called into the crack of Sapnaps bedroom door. He could hear Sapnap scoff. "You can't change my mind just by trying to prove me wrong texting her!" He called back.

Sapnap was clever.

He knew about Dreams feelings towards George, but Dream didn't want that whatsoever.

He didn't want Sapnap to know.

He didn't want anyone to know.

He didn't even want to know that what he felt towards George could ruin everything.

He needed it to go away. As soon as possible.

Dream slowly trudged upstairs, eyes glued to his phone. He simmered through every text message he received or sent.

While his eyes glued to his phone, he found himself slamming into George in the main hallway.

His phone dropped to the floor, face up.

"Holy shit, watch where you're going, George muttered, Dream offering him a hand.

"Sorry."

As they stood, George reached down for his phone, cupping it in his hands and handing it back to Dream.

He shoved his phone in his back pocket, making eye contact with George.

"Goodnight, Dream," George finally spit out in annoyance, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

They were standing so close.

Too close.

Dream found himself glancing from his eyes to his lips.

"Goodnight, George."

George quickly walked past him, shoving his arm far into his stomach.

Dream stood there until he heard the door behind him shut.

He soon felt his face flustered, a bright pink swept across his cheeks. He rubbed a hand over his face, slowly making the turn into his room.

He stripped off his shirt, pulling on a black tank top.

He changed from sweatpants to shorts.

After he changed, he collapsed on his bed, his phone sitting silently on the nightstand and the curtains on the window lightly flowing, small breezes of wind soothing into the warm bedroom.

He turned from his side, now laying on his back, his head resting on one pillow under a thin blanket, a thicker one below he didn't bother to use.

His eyes glued to the ceiling, deep into thought.

His thoughts were soon interrupted when his phone bleeped.

His eyes shot from the ceiling to the nightstand.

Annie?

No, of course not. It was Sapnap.

Sapnap
Are you guys fucking up there? LMAOO

He stared at his phone screen in disbelief, intentionally glaring.

———

George's eyes faced his ceiling. The room was cold, like always. It smelt like lavender due to the candle that rested on the dresser, in the far corner of the room.

His thoughts had been dragged away from his mom, and now they rested on someone else.

Dream.

George nipped his lip, facing the window.

His hand clutched the sheets, his knuckles white.

He felt his own hand glide down his face, rubbing his own cheek in almost exhaustion. But he wasn't tired.

He wanted to be warm. He wanted to feel that same hand on his thigh again. He wanted to be held.

He wanted to smell the same scent of his best friend into another hug like they shared at the airport the day they met. He wanted to run his fingers through his best friends dirty blond, fluffy hair and keep his gaze towards his green, golden eyes.

Shut up, shut up, shut up.

He shook his head, scooting further towards the window and pulling the blankets further over his face.