11 - interlocks

Dream woke up to chatter downstairs. He slowly rose from his slumber, rubbing his tired eyes and glancing at the alarm clock.

It was nearly 11am.

He opened his eyes wider, rubbing them one more time then sprinting out of the room.

I'm such a bad host

He quickly ran downstairs, only to be in sight of George, who was sitting alone at the island table.

George glanced at Dream, slowly sipping his coffee.

"It's about time you wake up, sunshine."

"I'm sorry, George. I didn't get much sleep last night. I would've made you breakfast."

Dream them finished his sentence, sitting beside George.

"That's alright, cereal was fine."

"Is Nick awake?"

"Yeah, he's filming in his room."

"Oh." Dream mumbled.

The boys sat in silence as George scrolled through Instagram on his phone, leaned against the counter.

"Any plans for today?" George suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

"Um. I was actually thinking a lot last night. Maybe we could do laser tag or the Zoo? Maybe the beach."

George chuckled, tipping Dreams chin with his fingers and shoving his face to look towards the window. Rain was pouring violently.

He hadn't even noticed.

"Well.. maybe just laser tag then."

His words were followed by a giggle from George.

"Earlier Nick told me he wanted one of us to stop by a corner store and pick up some drinks for tonight. Like alcohol and stuff."

Dream raised an eyebrow.

"Of course Sap would recommend drinking although knowing both you and I don't drink."

Before anymore words were spoken, Dream caught the glance of George peering into his eyes.

Don't make eye contact. If you make eye contact, you won't be able to look away, Dream thought to himself.

Soon enough, a loud bleep came from Dreams phone.

"Oh. It's Annie." He told George.

George didn't answer, scooting his seat closer to Dreams to see what she texted him.

Annie
Haha sounds good. Text you later.

Dream bit his lip, scrolling. He had completely forgotten whatever they were talking about.

"She seems pretty.. interested." George mumbled to himself.

"What? Oh. I mean.. yeah. Shes.. pretty."

George felt himself gulp, swallowing a lump in his throat that had formed.

He forced a smile.

"But I don't know, George. Sapnap kinda forced it."

A sense of relief came over George.

At that moment, Sapnap swung his door open and jogged into the kitchen, where Dream and George were sitting closely.

"Hey guys! I finished filming."

Dream quickly shut off his phone and smiled. "Okay. George and I were thinking laser tag today."