19 - the beach

Karl started wheezing, as Darryl and George covered their mouths in attempt not to burst out laughing. The three of them were huddled on the couch watching some comedy show.

Sapnap was in the kitchen pouring more drinks while Dream sat on the stool in front of the island table.

"Do you think Karl has had too much?" Dream muttered, turning his back to the three giggling on the couch.

"Nah, he's just a lightweight."

"Really?" Dream scoffed, followed by laughter.

His gaze was brought to the window again, the moonlight glaring through the thick glass.

"Can you tell me to stop trying, Sapnap?"

Sapnaps eyes shot up from the bottle he was pouring into Dreams cup.

"What?"

Dreams eyes fell to his own fingers as he tapped them together.

"I just wanted to know what George thinks. But now I think I know."

Sapnaps eyebrow rose.

"What are you talking about man?" He set the bottle down, leaning onto the counter.

"I'm just.. an idiot. Okay? I'm just an idiot. I need to stop trying to figure out everything about him. I don't need to know what he feels but I really, really want to."

He buried his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry, Nick. This is ruining your visit."

"Hey." Sapnap replied firmly, a hand on Dreams arm.

"This.. I mean you aren't ruining anything. I'm having a really good stay and it would be a living hell without you, Clay."

"Guys!" Karl shouted, both Sapnap and Dream spinning to look at the three in the living room.

"Let's go night swimming!"

———

Everyone made their way out to the sandy ground, swim trunks on and sweatshirts over their stomachs until they got to the water.

As soon as they reached the sand from the long pathway that lead up to it, Karl was the first to throw his sweatshirt and shoes off and sprint for the water, diving in to a shallow wave.

Sapnap followed close behind, with Dream, George and Bad slowly taking their shoes off.

George couldn't help but glance at Clay as he lifted his arms and quickly pulled off his sweatshirt like that others had.

He was pretty well toned.

George continued to watch as Clay ran a hand through his own hair and set his towel beside Karl's.

"I'll see you guys in there," he said, then jogging towards the water.

Bad stood for a second, waiting for George.

"Thanks, Darryl. For waiting, I mean."

"No problem. What's on your mind?"

George carefully pulled off his own sweatshirt. "Nothing." He lied.

Bad grinned, nudging George's arm.

George squinted at him, kicking his flip flops off.

"Dont look at me like that, Bad."

"Like what?"

"Like that!" He replied firmly, pointing at Darryls face.

He chuckled. "So, how long?"