16 - confession

"Should we.. wake him up maybe?" Sapnap whispered, standing behind the edge of the bed beside Dream.

The two of them scratched their own necks, watching as George slept peacefully alone in Dreams bed early in the morning.

"Maybe not. I don't think he would want to come anyways."

Sapnap dropped his hand to his side. "Then let's hurry up. We can bring back food."

Sapnap quietly stepped out of the room, Dream glancing at George one more time before following him.

They made their way downstairs, grabbing their phones then heading out the front door. When Sapnap was about to grab onto the handle of Dreams door, Dream started, "I actually think we should walk to the cafe today, yeah?"

Sapnap eyed him, shrugging.

"Sure, man. Got something on your mind?"

Dream shook his head, lying.

"Packing stress, I guess."

The two started walking along the sidewalk quietly, it wasn't sunny but it wasn't cold. It was warm and slightly breezy, just how Dream liked it.

The shorter man beside Dream brushed against his should as they walked in sync, taking slow breaths and heavily sighing every few seconds.

"What's bothering you, Sappy?" Dream muttered, nudging his arm.

"What's bothering me? Probably the fact that you're hiding something. I don't know what anymore and I don't want to assume the wrong shit."

"What?"

"Did i stutter?" Sapnap announced firmly, spinning around to face Dream.

Both of their feet quickly stopped, Dream nearly crashing into Sapnap.

Sapnaps arms flew around his own chest, crossing them with raised eyebrows.

"Nows your time to tell me, before I regret my decision on renting that fucking beach house."

The boys stood in silence, Sapnap scoffing.

"Right. I almost forgot. You can tell George everything but you can't tell me anything. My bad, I forgot this friendship is one sided, Clay."

"You act like I've told George anything."

"I'm not dumb, I know you have. I see you wake up in your room with him right beside you every single morning. What are you guys doing? Fucking while I'm just downstairs?"

Dream opened his mouth but he couldn't say anything.

With a last scoff, Sapnap turned back around towards the coffee shop.

Clenching his fists, Dream had a debate in his mind.

Tell him. Tell him. Just tell him. You need to tell someone.

"Nick!" He screamed.

Sapnap didn't stop walking.

"Nick!" He screamed again.

"You were right, okay? Is that what you wanna hear?! You were fucking right!"

This is what made Sapnap stop quickly, turning around with his arms still crossed.

"You were right," he whispered under his breath.

"You were right about George, and I know. It's terrible to admit I was wrong. I hate myself because you were so fucking right. It's so hard to not look at him, to not think about him, to not touch him at all. I can't control myself around him. I'm not in denial with my feelings anymore but I want to be. I just wanna be normal and act normal, Sapnap."

Both the boys stood there, quite the distance away staring at each other, Dream nearly gasping for air after talking so fast.

Sapnaps frown grew quickly, a dramatic grin spread across his face, which soon grew to a loud laughter, making fun of Dream for being so wrong about himself.

His face was turning so red from laughing, which caused Dream to uncontrollably start laughing.

Sapnap approached him, patting his shoulder but pulling him into a hug full of laughing into Dreams shoulder.

"So you guys have been fucking?"

"What the hell? No, we haven't. You're an idiot."

———

"Clay?! Sapnap?!" George called from the top of the stairs.

He flinched at the noise of keys jangling in the door, squinting his eyes and watching. He was disturbed to a fit of laughter as Dream and Sapnap stumbled in with large paper brown bags.

"Where the hell were you guys?" George shouts in annoyance, trudging down the stairs and over to the giggling idiots.

"We were getting breakfast since no one wants to cook," Sapnap replied, nearly tossing the paper bags onto the counter.

"Did you finish packing, George?" Dream quietly asked from behind him.

"I finished packing last night after you fell asleep, Clay."

Sapnap pressed a hand to his mouth, trying his best to not start giggling again at the sudden awkwardness.

"Are you guys.. okay?" George asked in confusion, biting his bottom lip.

Holding back more laughter, Sapnap nodded.

Dream glared, handing a latte to George.

"Are we filming today?" Dream asked, "it's been a few days and people are gonna get upset."

"We could stream tonight," Sapnap suggested after finally calming down.

"That's not a terrible idea," George added.

As George and Sapnap talked for a little while longer, the little "ding" came from Dreams phone.

He walked a few feet away from George, grabbing his phone from the pocket of his jeans and opening the text.

Annie
Have you been avoiding me? Did the date go that bad? :(

Dream bit his lip, unsure of how he could answer that since it was the truth.

He desperately wanted to tell her he wasn't interested but also didn't want to hurt her feelings like that, to let her down so easily.

He glanced from Sapnap and back to George, holding his gaze.

I need a distraction.

So he texted back.

No, I haven't been avoiding you at all. Just been super busy planning stuff with my friends. Text u soon :)