I: The Forbidden Spell

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the unison between King Jeongwoo of the warlocks and Prince Junkyu of the fairies." The high priest said as he is solemnizing the union of the two most powerful clans in Sawkorya.

Sawkorya is a world filled with magical creatures, and among these creatures are the two most powerful rulers — the Kims, who are fairies living in the North, and the Parks, who are warlocks living in the south. The East is ruled by the Sos, which are allies of the Kims. On the other hand, the West is ruled by the Watanabes, allies of the Parks.

Years of power struggle and conquest have led the Kims and the Parks to strike a bond that would unify the two clans — and that is through marriage.

King Park Jeongwoo is the most powerful warlock in the South. He is known for being called the Supreme. His power ranges from spellcasting to morphing to reality-bending. Rumor has it that he is immortal. He is feared for his dictatorial and ruthless personality.

In the North residing Kim Junkyu, the only child and is the crown prince of King Kim Minkyu and Queen Kim Juno. Junkyu is a gifted child since, among all the fairies, he is the only fairy who is an empath - an ability of the fairy to understand other creatures' emotions. Junkyu is known for being the purest form of the fairies.

Prince Junkyu, 20, is betrothed to King Jeongwoo, 21, to establish peace and order over the lands and the sky of Sawkorya. It was everyone's decision and tonight, when the seven stars of the heavens align, is the wedding ceremony.

"Prince Junkyu, after this ceremony, you will be the wife of King Jeongwoo. May you recite your vows to seal your faithful bond with King Jeongwoo." The High Priest said.

Junkyu gives the purest smile and aura. Everyone is being radiated by it that even the warlocks, known to be vile and dark, who are witnessing the marriage, have felt the purest intent from Junkyu.

"I, Kim Junkyu, of the fairies, hereby accepts King Jeongwoo, of the warlocks, to be my husband, in sickness and in health, in better or for worse, til death do us part."

Everyone claps their hand. For the fairies, they can't believe that the young prince they look up to is now being married and will soon reign over them. They are just happy as they can be. For the warlocks, they can't believe how overwhelming the innocence of Prince Junkyu. They have never seen and feel so pure in their lives.

"King Jeongwoo, after this ceremony, you will be the husband of King Jeongwoo. May you recite your vows to seal your faithful bond with Prince Junkyu." The High Priest said.

Jeongwoo looks at Junkyu eye to eye and with a serious intent. And then, he let out a smirk as Junkyu and everyone awaits for his vows. He hold Junkyu's hands.

"I, King Park Jeongwoo, of the warlocks, ruler of the South and is the Supreme..."

He turn his back and face everyone.

"... I, King Park Jeongwoo, the only ruler of Sawkorya."

The fairies are shock to hear such rude words from Jeongwoo.

Jeongwoo's voice has becoming much deeper and deeper. "I, the King of the South, West, and onto the East, and..." He looks at King Minkyu and Queen Juno. "... the North. Desaperados!" He shouted.

And in an instant, all the fairies are starting to crumble into ashes. Not only the fairies witnessing the ceremony but all fairies of Sawkorya crumbled down to dust.

"What have you done? Let go of me." Junkyu begged but his words are meaningless now for Jeongwoo. Jeongwoo transformed into this gruesome beast. A form he uses always in battles.

"Mom! Dad" Junkyu shouted as he's seeing his parents slowly turning to ashes.

"My King..." Queen Juno said. "We have been tricked by the warlocks." She continued as her lower body begins to turn to dust. She lets out a tear and a sad face. "Desaperados is a forbidden spell that immediately turns someone into ashes." The ashes slowly creeping to the upper half of Queen Juno's body. "My King... save... our son... Junkyu." And Queen Juno have been fully consumed by the ashes.

King Minkyu, full of raged but is also saddened by the fact there is nothing he can do now to fight back as he, too, is crumbling down to ashes. He looks at Junkyu with a worried heart and a sorry face.

"I love you, my son."

"Dad. Please... don't leave me." Junkyu cried as he is still being held by Jeongwoo. Junkyu is unaffected by the spell since as a rule, a person can be spared by the spell if he/she is in contact with the caster. Since Jeongwoo is holding Junkyu's hand, Junkyu is safe from the spell.

"I will never let anyone hurt you." Kim Minkyu said as the ashes slowly rising to his upper body. "I call upon the heavens and the light..."

"Fool! There is nothing you can do to reverse the Desaperado spell, King Minkyu." Jeongwoo laughed.

"Who said I'm reversing the spell?"

"What?!" Jeongwoo exclaimed.

"You may have killed us all but you will never have the one thing you desire! Reus Lex Elixi!" Kim Minkyu casted the transportation spell before he is completely turned to ashes.

And in an instant, Junkyu vanished.

- end -