XX: A Marriage of Light and Dark

At Mt

At Mt. Isigoi...

"This power flowing inside of me..." Jeongwoo commented as he marvels in the energy coming from the Michyeogane. "is unbelievable." He heaved a big sigh of satisfaction. "I can feel my strength increasing a thousand-fold. If I have known of this power at an earlier point in time, I might have conquered Sawkorya a long time ago. But no matter, it is never too late."

Jeongwoo looks around. He saw an unconscious Haruto lying down, a chained Junghwan and Jihoon struggling to break free, a trembled Junkyu who is growing weaker by the second, and Mashiho being helpless at a distance. Jeongwoo smirks. "Never too late."

"Woo... please... stop." Junkyu said as he starts to have difficulty in breathing.

"Kyu..." Mashiho murmured. "With every passing second that the heart of Michyeogane is being absorbed, its vessel is paying the price. Kyu... what are you going to do now?"

Junkyu falls to the ground right next to Haruto. His breathing difficulty is getting more intense than before. He feels that his lungs are sinking to the ground with every shortness of breath felt. He reaches for Haruto's hand and holds it firmly.

"We will be together... maybe not in this lifetime... but maybe... just maybe... somewhere out there in another life... you and I... a marriage of light and dark." Junkyu said as he loses his field of vision and closes his eyes. Just as his consciousness fades away, Haruto made a conscious movement – a twitch in one of his left hand fingers.

"My King, that's enough. You don't have to fully absorbed the Michyeogane. With your current state, you are already the most powerful being in Sawkorya." Mashiho exclaimed. He walks towards Jeongwoo.

"Not yet powerful enough to be a god, Oracle."

"The heart's vessel has already fallen. You have already succeeded in what you want – you already absorbed the Michyeogane."

"If there is one thing I learned in this lifetime, it is to always make sure that everything is being double checked." Then Jeongwoo continues to gaze at the Michyeogane. "I need to absorb this til its last drop of energy."

"Oh no you don't!" Junghwan suddenly appears right in front of Jeongwoo.

Drops of blood have spurted.

The drops were from Jeongwoo's.

"Ho-how did you – " Jeongwoo was in shocked after Junghwan stabbed him with the Blade of the Centuries."

"I've got some tricks on my own, warlock." Junghwan boldly said.

But Jeongwoo just smirked in sarcasm. Then he lets out an evil laugh. "You fool!" Jeongwoo yelled to Junghwan who is holding the sword, stabbed right through Jeongwoo's heart. "This sword is nothing but a mere piece of metal. Nothing else. I already drained its powers." Jeongwoo remarked as he grabbed Junghwan by the neck. "It's a shame that your potentials will go to waste." He tightens his gripped to Junghwan's neck, as the latter struggles to break free.