VIII: The Fall of Nasub

[Present Time]At the courtyard of roses, just outside Dara's castle

[Present Time]
At the courtyard of roses, just outside Dara's castle...

Junkyu has requested to be alone after Dara restored his memories. Dara has expected that this would happen — she expected that Junkyu would undergo some sort of shocking emotions again, same as when she found him in the narrow stream. But Dara trusted Junkyu's maturity, and that she believes Junkyu will be able to surpass the sadness and finally accept the reality.

"Oh. It's full moon tonight." Junkyu said as he looks up in the sky. He is in Dara's courtyard of roses. The scent of the roses is very fragrant due to the cold breeze. "Mom... Dad... I wonder how you both doing right now." He said as he is sitting on a bench.

"Why was the math book sad?" Out of nowhere, Jihoon asked as he surprised Kyu by covering his eyes from behind.

"Jihoonie! No surprises!" Kyu replied as he holds Jihoon's eyes. "Get your hands off of me."

"Answer first. Again, why was the math book sad?" Jihoon is persistent.

"I don't know. What?" Kyu answered.

Jihoon releases his hands from covering Kyu's eyes and swiftly sits down beside Kyu. "It had too many problems." He said.

Junkyu made a weird face indicating he is dissatisfied with Jihoon's joke. "Ha. Ha. Ha." Kyu said.

"Why are you so mean?" Jihoon pinches Kyu's cheeks.

Kyu struggles to get rid of Jihoon's hands but Jihoon is too strong for him. Eventually, Jihoon released his hands and looks up at the sky. "The moon is very bright tonight. It's in full bloom." Then he looks at Kyu. "Just like you, Kyu."

Junkyu stares blankly at Jihoon. "You still remember me, right? It's me Jihoon. Your go-to person when you're sad... the person you always go to when you are afraid." Tears already fell from Jihoon's eyes. He holds Kyu's shoulders. "It's me, Jihoon." He cried.

Kyu smiles. "Jihoonie." And Jihoon didn't hesitate to hug him right away. "I'm sorry, Kyu. I'm so, so sorry."

"Why are you saying sorry? You are not at fault here. No one is." Kyu answered as he is caressing Jihoon's hair.

"I should have asked Mistress Dara to restore your memories a long time ago. I don't want you to live another life then suddenly go through again the pain of remembering the old life you erased. I should have protested back then to prevent this memory erasure. We all know we can't contain your fairy nature. And now what? You through again this trauma you got a year ago."

"Oh Jihoonie. You are being very considerate of my situation. It's not your fault. It's my decision in the first place. You've got nothing to worry."

Both of release their hands from embrace. Kyu assured Jihoon that he is okay, to which Jihoon trusted. They talked for a while about Kyu's past. Junkyu was able to heal and is already accepting of what happened, all thanks to the comfort of Jihoon.