XII: Uncertainty

At Jeongwoo's castle, in the Land of Daegu

At the throne room...

Jeongwoo smirks. "I couldn't care less if all of you will know my plan. You wouldn't bother yourselves of opposing me, right?"

There was silence that follows after what Jeongwoo said.

"As long as it doesn't crosses our values. Then we will not hold you accountable." Asahi replied.

"As expected from a righteous person like you, Asahi." Jeongwoo said as he looks upon both Lucas and the High Oracle.

"Your Majesty, I will excuse myself now." Mashiho said. "I believe I am not fit to be here. I am just a commoner with no royal blood unlike everyone else who are in this room."

"You're too modest, Shiho-kun. Please stay. It will be worth listening anyway." Jeongwoo replied to which Mashiho did so.

"Everyone... " Jeongwoo started. "I asked Lucas to retrieve the Arkadium Book of Spells, hidden in the catacombs of Sangeum."

"And why do you need such ancient book?" Junghwan asked.

"Do you know what this book is all about?" Asahi interrupted and Junghwan nodded.

"It is an ancient book that dates back to the first ages of Sawkorya. It contains thousands, if not hundreds, of ancient spells. These spells were compiled and written by the Ten Pillars. However, even though it contains various spells, the Arkadium is revered for its three most powerful and irreversible spells."

"Such vast knowledge you have is truly remarkable, Priest Junghwan. You have my favors in the future." Jeongwoo exclaimed. "I need the incantation for the Rio Extractio (translation: Extraction Ritual)."

Hyunjin was taken aback by Jeongwoo's statement. "So he really does plan on absorbing the Heart of Michyeogane from Junkyu." He said to himself.

Haruto frowns and thinks of the intentions Jeongwoo might have in using the Extraction Ritual. His eyes suddenly widens as an idea enters his mind. "It can't be. It must be related to Junkyu. He plans on extracting something from Kyu... but what is it? I need to find out."

"And what do you intend in getting by performing the Rio Extractio, Your Majesty?" Asahi asked.

"I believe that is already none of your concern nor everybody's. I told you enough already why I need the book. It wouldn't be too cautious of me to spoil my plan to each one of you." Jeongwoo lets out an evil smile, much to everyone's disdain.

"And what about the Oracle? Why did you summon him?" Junghwan asked.

Jeongwoo raises an eyebrow. "Such pesky brat. Very well... I need the Oracle to help me out prepare the ritual. The Rio Extractio needs three items. I need the Oracle to tell me where are the items hidden." He sits back to his throne chair. "Anything else?"