Chapter 20 - I Still Admire You

Warning: this contains violence and strong language.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

It was 10 AM in the morning, at Luminous City.

Ash and Serena woke up at the hotel room they reserved yesterday.
They begin to dressed up and pack their stuff. When they finished, they left the room and the hotel.

The couple were walking down the street, both of them knew they'd have to leave Kalos behind. So, Ash and Serena got to the bus to arrive at the airport.

After they arrived at the airport, Serena had to go buy some tickets for them to fly to Kanto.

When Serena was talking to the receptionist to buy tickets. Behind Serena, There was Ash, he got a bit distracted because he saw Trevor talking to some officers.

Suddenly, an officer approached Ash and told him to follow. The officer can see Ash hesitating to follow, so he grabbed Ash's arm, pulling him to a room, without Serena noticing.

"Hey, where are you taking me?.." Ash was getting worried.

The officer dragged Ash to a room, where it looked like a lobby, kind of office.
Ash gasped and had a surprised but shocked look.

It was.. Clemont's and Bonnie's father, Meyer.

Meyer stood up from his seat and approached Ash.

Meyer hugged Ash and said, "Ash, I'm so glad nothing happened to you.." Meyer said with tears falling.

Ash felt very concerned why he was here, especially the police.

Meyer pulled back from Ash, as he grabbed Ash's shoulders and looked at him with so much sorrow in his eyes.

"My children.. they've been murdered by your very own friend, Serena..!" Meyer cried out.

Ash looked down at the floor, he knew about Serena's crimes but he suddenly felt guilty for not helping Clemont back at the forest, where he witnessed Serena burning Clemont.

"Mister Meyer.. I'm so sorry." Ash apologized with a sad look.

Meyer walked back and wiped out his tears and said, "It's alright, that psychopath will pay for what she's done."

Ash gasped, he looked at Meyer with a scared look, "Oh no.. what will they do to Serena?"

Ash turned away from Meyer and went to the door to leave and go to Serena but, the door was locked!

Meyer looked at Ash of what he's doing and said, "Ash, it's fine! The police will take care of her!"

Ash looked back at Meyer and shouted, "No! I need to be there for Serena! I love her so much, I can't let her be arrested!!"

Meyer grabbed Ash's arm and looked at him, worriedly.

"Ash, listen to me, I know how it feels to lose a loved one, but please..don't go after her, it'll only make things worse for the both of you!" said Meyer.

Ash's eyes were beginning to tear, he felt guilty but sad because of him losing Serena, he then said,

"I don't care if she's a fucking psychopath, I love her no matter what!" shouted Ash.

Meyer hugged Ash tightly, Ash tried to pull away from him but ended up crying on his shoulder.

Meyer then spoke, "I'm sorry, it has to be this way, Ash."

"No.. Serena.. I can't go on.. without her." Ash thought to himself.

__________________