20 | theo

TW: Detailed recall of Hiransh & Daisy's bus accident in this chapter 

***

The days flew by, a blur of school work and other responsibilities mixed together. There were student events to oversee, tests to prepare for, and of course, the documentary to film. 

"Phew, I'm really out of shape," Davi puffed. "Since when were the tech this heavy?" 

"Not just you," Raphael wheezed, collapsing onto the floor after safely placing his film equipment down. 

"It's been a while since we've filmed," I agreed. "Isn't this exciting?"

Halima squinted at her watch. "Hiransh and Daisy should be arriving any time now."

I turned to Sasha, who was frowning over the prompt questions for the umpteenth time. Halima followed my gaze and wrapped an arm around Sasha's shoulders. "Don't stress, dear interviewer. Mr.Hórvath has agreed with these questions, and you'll be off-camera anyways."

Sasha offered an awkward smile. I smiled wryly at how dedicated she was being about all of this -- just a few weeks ago I was nearly using everything I had in me to convince her to join us. But that was just Sasha was like -- once she set her mind on something, she would be dedicated to it till the end. 

The elevator dinged, and out came Hiransh and Daisy. 

"Hello, hello!" Hiransh announced. "We're here."

I went forward to meet them. "Hey guys! Thanks so much for coming."

Hiransh reached out and I met his handshake. He smiled. "Thank you for choosing us for the film festival."

"Hiransh has been pushing to practise this chorey just for filming," Daisy giggled. "I think we may have rehearsed even harder than for the competition we just did."

"Don't tell our coach," Hiransh guffawed. 

I laughed. "Come, meet my team."

Halima stepped forward. "Hi, I'm Halima, been speaking to you over Skype. So good to finally meet you in person."

Daisy nodded. "Thanks for organising everything." 

"And I'm the videographer, Raphael," Raphael introduced himself. 

Davi nudged Lars along with him. "Hello! I'm Davi, handling the lighting, and this is Lars, who's in charge of the sounds." 

"Hello," Lars greeted.

"You all were on the team previously too, right?" Daisy asked. "I watched your previous projects, they were really well done."

I smiled. "Thank you. Actually, we've got a new member too this year. Sasha will be spearheading the interview prompts today." 

Hiransh chuckled. "Looking forward to it." 

Halima nudged me. "Should we start with the interview first or shooting the dance scene?" 

I raised my eyebrows at Sasha. "Are we ready?"

She released a quiet exhale. "Let's do this." 

Davi found some chairs for Hiransh and Daisy to sit opposite Sasha, as Raphael set up the camera behind her and Lars adjusted the mics for them all. Sasha took a seat and put her notebook in her lap. 

"We'll start with some individual questions for Hiransh first, followed by Daisy, then we'll do more together?" Sasha suggested.

Daisy gave a thumbs-up. "Awesome."

"Okay, crew, whenever you're ready," Sasha said. 

Raphael nodded. "Camera filming on three, two, one!"