Chapter 5: A Delay

Chapter 5: A Delay

We walk for a while until we took a wrong turn and were in a dead-end until we found Lotus Hotel and Casino. the entrance was a huge neon flower, the petals lights blinking. It seemed desterted because nobody was going in or out but the doors were open. I didn't like it it gave me a funny feeling about the place.

"Hey, kids. You look tired. You want to come in and sit down?" The doorman smiled to us.

I shuffle my feet and hug myself getting nervous by the minute but I couldn't decline because Percy nodded. " We'd love to come in." Percy accepted and I resisted to glare at my brother. We walk inside and it was shocking and impressive.

The whole lobby was a GIANT game room, and not the Chuck-Cheese kind of games, there was a indoor waterslide, climbing wall, bundgee-jumping bridge, there were virtual-reality suits with working laser guns, million of video games that were on giant screen TV's, you think of a game, they had it here. Some kids were here playing games and there was a snack bar but everything here made me nervous I hugged myself tighter and my right hand clutched onto the strap on my shoulder that settled there to keep my bag on my body.

"Hey! Welcome to Lotus Casino! Here's your room key." Said a guy wearing a white and yellow Hawaiian shirt with lotus's on it, shorts, and flip-flops which made me more nervous.

"Um, but..." Percy stammered but the guy just laughed.

"No, no, the bill is taken care of. No extra charges, no tips. Just go on up to the top floor, room 4001. If you need anything, like extra bubbles for the hot tub, or skeet targets for the shooting rang, or whatever, just call the front desk. Here are you LotusCash cards." --- he handed all of us a green credit care --- "They work  in the restaurants and on all the games and rides."

I look at the credit card and back nervously and glance around there must be a trap somewhere or a Darklighter will jump out and try to kill me, my brother, and our friends along with the other kids  What am I thinking? I'm officially going paranoid I thought with a sigh

"How muchis on here?" Percy asked.

The man raised his eyebrows looking at Percy confused. "What do you mean?" The man asked.

"He means, when does it run out of money?" I clarifie.

The man laughed weirdly making me look at him nervously because this wasn't right. "Oh, you're making a joke. Hey, that's cool. Enjoy your stay

I did trust this place and the funny feeling inside me was still yelling at me to leave this place I kept on hugging myself only I clutched onto my necklace and Annabeth glanced at me. "Are you okay, Harmony?" Annabeth asked.

"What?" I said and look at her, "oh, I'm fine just --- just missing my family, that's all."

She nodded and I sigh I hate lying to people, even if they're my sibling's friends, and I hated it worse lying to Annabeth because she's sorta became a friend of mine and I hated that more. I wanted to tell them about my funny feeling about this place but Percy, Grover, and Annabeth look so tired they should get some rest so I put my funny feeling aside until we leave but the feeling came back when we entered our room...

The room had three separate bedrooms, which meant I'm sleeping on the couch tonight, there was a snack bar with candy, soda, and others, a hotline to service, some waterbeds with fluffy pillows and fluffy white towels, a Big-Screen TV, there was a balcony with a hot tub and, sure enough, there was skeet-shooting with a shot gun and everything. The feeling came back