Chapter 12: Fighting My Fear

"I can't believe it,"Annabeth said. "We went all that way ----"

"It was a trick." Percy said as I help Parker up. "A strategy worthy of Athena."

"Hey,"

"You get it, don't you?" Percy said and I felt Annabeth's anger fade away. "Yeah, I get it."

"Well, I don't!" Grover complained. "Would somebody ----"

"Percy..." I mumbled looking over to him. "I'm sorry about your Mom, really, I am..."

He didn't respond.

"The prophecy was right, 'You shall go west and face the god who has turned.' But it wasn't Hades. Hades didn't want among the big three. Someone else pulled off the theift. Someone stole Zeus's master bolt, and Hades helm, and framed me and Harmony because we're Poseidon's kids. Poseidon will get blamed by both sides. By sundown today, there will be a three-way was. And I'll have cause it."

Grover shook his head. "But who would be that sneaky? Who would want war the bad?"

Me, Melinda, Parker, and Percy stop dead, him for a different reason, me, well, something nearby is scaring me to death. Or should I say somebody.

"Gee, let me think." Percy said as my eyes widen with fear and grab Melinda's and Parker's hand tightly.

Ares was right near us but he had company, my worst nightmare, The Sea Hag. The Sea Hag had dirty red hair wearing some rags as a dress and a fisher's net around her arms. She worse a seashell necklace and had a ball of water in her hand bouncing it up and down like a ball slightly looking at me straight in the eyes with a look that pretty much told me "You're dead, Harmony."

"Hey, kid," Ares said, seeming pleased to see me and Percy. "You both were supposed to die."

"You tricked me," Percy said. "You stole the helm and the master bolt."

Ares grinned. "Well, now, I didn't steal them personally. God's taking each other's symbols of power ---- that's a big no-no. But you're not the only hero in the world who can run errands." He said.

"Who did you use? Clarisse? She was there at the winter solstice." Percy said.

That just seemed to amuse him. "Doesn't matter. The point is, kid, you and your sister are impeding the war effort. See, you've got to die in the Underworld. The Old Seaweed will be mad at Hades for killing you both. Corpse Breath will have Zeus's master bolt, so Zeus'll be mad at him. And Hades is still looking for this..." Ares trained off and got a ski cap out of his pocket, the ones robbers have, and placed it between the handlebars of his motorcycle and the cap turned into a bronze war helmet. "The helm of Darkness," Grover gasped.

"Yes," The Sea Hag said in a bored tone her eyes still glued to me making me whimper and hold onto my cousin's hands tighter and Melinda shushed me softly like I'm a crying baby that woke up in the middle of the night. "Shush, Harmony, calm down, I wont let anything happen to you." She murmured to me. That helped a little but not a lot.

"Now where was I? Oh yeah, Hades will be mad at Zeus and Poseidon, because he doesn't know who took this. Pretty soon, we got a nice little three-way slugfest going."

"But they're your family!" Annabeth protested.

"Best kind of war." Ares shrugged. "Always the bloddiest. Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say."

"You gave me the backpack in Denver, the master bolt was in there the whole time." Percy said as I nodded shakily but The Sea Hag smirked at me evilly making me whimper like a puppy and try to stop myself from shaking from fear.