Chapter XV

"Wei Ying!"

Previously

“I have a favor to ask of you…” XiaoYu smiled knowingly at him.

“Wen Ning.”

Present:

3rd Person POV

A disciple of the Gusu Lan Sect can be seen running through the hallways of the Cloud Recesses. Which is quite uncanny. Why was he in such a rush?

“Teacher Lan! HanGuang- Jun! There’s a-!” The disciple opened the doors to the main study unceremoniously.

“What’s all the ruckus about? Speak slowly!” Lan QiRen frowned at the young man.

“T-t-there’s a-! There’s a ghost!” He trembled. Stumbling over his words as he stared at the people before him.

“A ghost?” Lan WangJi stood up from his position.

“W-W-Wei-!” He breathed out.

“Wei WuXian has come back to hunt us!” he screamed.

“Wei WuXian?!” Lan QiRen spluttered.

“That’s the part where we haven’t explained yet.” Song Lan interrupted.

“What do you mean by this?”

“Uncle. Wei WuXian is…” Lan WanJi stared at his uncle and begun to explain the situation.

Time Skip

LanQiRen along with Lan WangJi and the others walked to the gate to see the commotion.

“Is that?” Lan QiRen inquired as they arrived at the border.

“Yes, Uncle.” Lan WangJi agreed.

“But he’s younger. He looks just about the same age as SiZhui and JingYi.”

“That’s something that even I am curious about.” Lan WangJi stared straight at XiaoYu.

“XiaoYuuuuu!!!” Lan JingYi ran past the barrier and into his arms.

“JingYiiiii!” XiaoYu spun him around as if they haven’t seen each other for months rather than just hours.

“JingYi! Get away from him!” A disciple from Gusu Lan shouted at him.

“What?! Shut up ChunSheng, he’s my friend.” He stuck his tongue out at him.

“XiaoYu.” SiZhui smiled at him.

“Oh! SiZHui.” He looked around for the others.

“Where’s Jin Ling and ZiZhen?”

“They left for LanLing.” SiZhui stated.

“Yeah. Jin Ling said he had to check on his people and ZiZhen volunteered to go with him.” JingYi added.

“Oh is that so.” XiaoYu smiled.

“Anyway why didn’t you go straight in?” jingYi pouted.

“About that. I was going to but then I saw that a barrier was up and two guards were stationed.” He looked at his feet as he scratched the back of his head.

“So I was going to talk to them when they just panicked and ran. And then this happened.” He gestured at all the disciples gathered around the entrance with their swords drawn.

Both Jingyi and SiZhui glared at the others.

“That’s enough.” Lan QiRen spoke.

“All of you go back to your duties and let me handle this.” He instructed.