Chapter X

"Not Theirs"

3rd Person POV

"Song Lan, relax. He's here." XingChen pointed at the bunny stuffing his face full of food by the window.

"Song Lan?!" The group exclaimed.

"XiaoYu!" Song Lan ran to his table.

"Song Song! Hahaha." XiaoYu smiled. Spreding his arms for the incoming hug.

The hug was that of desperation and worry and he welcomed it.

"Hey you!" Jiang Cheng called out.

"I apologize Sect Leader Jiang. Ever since I woke up he's been like that. Seems like when XiaoYu is within the vicinity his focus will be him and him only." XingChen smiled.

"Let him check up on XiaoYu first then you can talk. Everyone can wait here and I'll get him." He bowed.

As everyone sat back down on the table, they watched the interaction by the window. As Song Lan fussed over XiaoYu and him laughing as XingChen tried to calm the other down.

Oh, how they wish to be part of the scene.

"XiaoYu! You're not hurt, are you?" Song Lan checked him all over. His face, neck, arms and legs.

"No, I'm not. You can breathe. Haha."

"Oh gods, I was so worried. I thought I lost you." Song Lan hugged him again, squeezing him tight.

"Sorry about that. I'm fine, don't worry." XiaoYu hugged him.

"He's okay." XingChen patted him on the back.

"Yes. He's fine, he's fine." Song Lan assured himself.

He looked towards the table XiaoYu was eating at.

"You've been drinking! Did you leave any for me?"

"Of course, I have! Here!" XiaoYu picked up a jar to give to Song Lan.

"Nope! Not now, later." XingChen took the jar and placed it back on the table.

"Whyyyyyyy?" Song Lan pouted.

"There are a few of our friends here that wants to talk to you." XingChen gestured towards the table with 8 men.

"Oh." The once smiling face was replaced with one of rage and frustration.

Oh, hell this was not good. He knew of Song Lan's hatred of anyone from XiaoYu's past.

"Song Lan. Are you okay?" XiaoYu questioned with a worried face. He rarely sees his friend mad.

"I'm fine. I just have to talk to some people." Song Lan smiled kindly at XiaoYu but when he faced the group again it was as if a different person was facing them.

The change in his mood was so quick you would miss it if you didn't pay attention.

Tension was slowly brewing with every step Song Lan made towards them. He glared at almost everyone as if they had done such a horrible thing to him. More so at Jiang Cheng and Xue Yang than the others.

"Greetings everyone." He bowed down to them.

"Greetings." Everyone responded with a bow to him except Xue Yang who was frozen in place.

"I know everyone has questions left unanswered."

"Please, Song Lan." Lan WangJi gestured for him and XingChen to sit.

Everyone was curious as to how evething came about so they stared with intent and expectation.

"Where to start?"

"From the beginning. How did you & Wei WuXian meet? And how the hell are both him and XingChen alive?" Jiang Cheng was frowning but he's more relaxed now as he stared off at XiaoYu's direction.

"Also. How are you talking now? Didn't Xue Yang cut off your tongue?" Lan JingYi pointed out with a confused look.

"He did what?!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed.

"Yeah. I cut off his tongue before." Xue Yang glared at Song Lan.

"He did, didn't he? Can you bring back a tongue now?" Ouyang ZiZhen stared expectantly at Song Lan.

"It wasn't me who brought it back. Haha." Song Lan laughed at the man's antics.

"I seriously don't don't know what good Wei WuXian sees in you that he didn't kill you before." Jiang Cheng sneered.

"Xue Yang's head snapped towards him.

"I don't care what you think of me! All that matters is what Wei WuXian thinks!"

"But he doesn't remember you, does he?" Song Lan interrupted.

"And I'm pretty sure if I told him all your crimes. Oh, he will surely despise you. Especially with what you did to me and XingChen. He'll kill you for sure." He smirked as if mocking Xue Yang.

"What did you say?! He would never!" Xue Yang's eyes were that of an enraged animal.

Wei WuXian would never judge him like that!

"Want to try it?"

"Why you-!" Xue Yang almost drew his sword.

"Song Lan, don't." XingChen warned as he went in between them before things escalated more.

Song Lan's POV

"Of course, XingChen. I'll stop."

Oh, how I wish to just stab my sword through Xue Yang's heart. No matter how hard I try the hatred in my heart just won't go away.

He ruined everything.

I can see that everyone was focused on me. I know I'm acting differently from before. But could you blame me? I'm just trying to protect the people I care about. Specially XiaoYu.

They want to know everything about him. But should I even tell them?

He's ours now.

Mine and XingChen's.

Not theirs.

Kim's Note: Hi there! Sorry guys if this was quite short I was just torn between making Song Lan as sceptical of the others and protective of XiaoYu or just relaxed?

What do you guys think? Which do you prefer? Hahaha

Anyway thanks for reading! Love you guys! :-D

Warning: Typographical and grammatical errors may occur.

These chapters are unedited so yeah. hehe

Like and Comment if you enjoyed it! :-D