Chapter VI

“For Him”

3rd Person POV

No one could ever imagine the pain of losing someone you love.

Wei WuXian may have been a Demonic Cultivator but he was a good man and unbeknownst to all heve engraved himself into many people’s hearts.

Even in his tired state Lan WangJi could not let go of Wei WuXian’s corpse. The heat leaving his body as life slowly slithers away.

Reality hit him hard like a ton of bricks.

Wei WuXian… His Wei Ying is gone. And there’s nothing he can do about it.

If only the gods would give him one last chance. Maybe in another life time? He’ll offer himself up to protect him. Hide him. Lock him up even, just to keep away from anyone who tries to harm his love.

*Distant bells ringing. *

Everyone looked into the directin where the sound was coming from.

Slowly the bells got louder until…

There, from the entrance emerged a beautiful woman dressed in pristine white robes mixed with baby blue patterns. With a silver bell hanging from a red tassel.

They stared not knowing who this woman was.

Lan WangJi brought Wei WuXian’s body closer to him. Needing the assurance that he can protect him.

“Greetings everyone.” Her soothing voice floated through the air.

“Greetings.” Lan QiRen went forward.

“To whom do we owe this presence? And in such a complicated time.” He gestured towards the scene behind him.

“Of course. Allow me to introduce myself. I go by the name BaoShan SanRen and I came to collect my grandson’s body.” She smiled but you can see anger brewing behind her eyes.

Gasps could be heard throughout the crowd.

The well respected and fables Immortal cultivator- The BaoShan SanRen - was standing right in front of them. And she was not alone. Behind here were 6 disciples dressed in white and gray robes. With the same red tasseled bell hanging from their waists.

Were they not allowed to leave their mountain? Why was she here? Grandson? And why were they carrying a coffin?

A wide eyed Lan QiRen bowed low to show his respect to the esteemed cultivator before him.

“It is of great honor to be in your presence. I am Lan QiRen of the Gusu Lan Sect. He said.

“Yes, I know. My grandson has told many stories about you.” She bowed back as she smiled knowingly.

“Your grandson?” Shocked by this information a chain whispers went through the crowd.

“Yes my grandson, Wei WuXian.”

Lan WangJi’s POV

Wei Ying was BaoShan SanRen’s grandson? Why didn’t he tell me?

Did he not trust me enough to confide in me? It seems as though my soulmate has secrets left hidden from me.

I looked down at the lifeless man in my arms. Brushing my fingers on his cheeks. Oh how I wish to see that playful smile on your lips again.

BaoShan SanRen’s POV

I can see that everyone was stunned to hear that Wei WuXian -the Demonic Cultivator- was my grandson.