Chapter V

“Their Leader”

“A-Yao…”

Everyone broke out of their thoughts and stared at Wei WuXian.

“Don’t think about it…” He smiled kindly.

“But I can-.”

“It’s okay. I’ve accepted this. It was my decision.”

“I’m sorry! Please kill me now! To save you, I’ll offer up my life.”  Jin GuangYao cried tears fell from his eyes as he begged.

“Er-Ge! Do it. To save Wei-Gongzi kill me now!” He grabbed Lan XiChen’s collar.

They were shocked. Not even Nie HuaiSang who hated him the most could grasp the situation.

Maybe he wasn’t that evil after all. Maybe he did deserve a second chance.

But was this a chance they were willing to take? And with such high of a price.

This was a risk Jiang Cheng was not willing to take. For his brother… He unsheathed his sword and tried to stab the unsuspecting man before him.

“A-Cheng don’t!”

Wei WuXian mustered all his strength and pushed Jin Guangyao away. Which in turn ended with Jiang Cheng stabbing him right through the heart.

Worry, fear and confusion swirled in his eyes as he realized what he’s done. The image of Jiang YanLi in the same position flashed through his mind.

“Wei WuXian!!!” He pulled his sword out and held his brother close.

He hurt him.

Again.

“Wei Ying!” Lan WanJi saw he was losing so much blood.

“A-Cheng…”

“Wei Ying. Don’t talk.” He tried to heal WuXian’s wounds.

“Why? I can’t lose you too…” Jiang Cheng sobbed.

“Don’t cry. You look ugly when you do.” This brought out a pained laugh out of him.

Different people from various sects started flooding the temple. Others went straight inside while Lan QiRen along with the juniors and other sect leaders were frozen shock with the scene in front of them.

All these great men before them were crying their hearts out for one man. What just happened here?

“Wei-Qianbei! “ Ouyang ZiZhen kneeled beside them.

“What happened? Why is he bleeding?!” He stared down at the man who has praised him nonstop even when his own father didn’t. Question hanging in the air.

“SiZhui. SiZhui. Are you okay?” Came a worried Lan JingYi as he placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder.

“Wei-Qianbei. He… He’s…” He couldn’t finish his words as sobs wracked his body.

No knowing what to do JinYi hugged his friend. Just what the hell happened?

“WanJi.” Lan QiRen call out to his nephew. He can see that the young master’s body was far too damaged to heal. Nor was it absorbing any of his nephew’s Spiritual Energy.

“WanJi stop. It’s not helping.”

“Uncle. Let me.” He won’t accept it. He’ll save him just like all those times ago. Even if he himself runs out of Spiritual Energy he’ll save his one true friend.

“Lan Zhan. Listen to him…”

“No.”

“Please. It’s okay… I just need to rest now, then I’ll be fine.”

That’s a lie.

They stared into each other’s eyes and at that moment he knew. There’s nothing he could do anymore. He grabbed Wei WuXian’s hand and held it to his face.

He held it so hard afraid that if he didn’t this man would disappear.

Biting his tongue to hold himself back from crying. That he tasted blood.

He could do nothing but that.

Wei WuXian could only offer a weak smile.

“Jiang Cheng… Take care of Jin Ling for me okay?”

“Teach him how to properly defend himself from bullies. You spoil him too much that he’s acting like you now.”

“Well you’re just gonna have to keep him in line then. Plus you’re better at fighting than me.” Jiang Cheng retorted. He tried to smile but couldn’t keep the tears from falling.

“Meng Yao, I forgive you. Please don’t blame yourself.”

“Wei Ying…” Jin GuangYao cried in Lan XiChen’s arms not knowing what else to say. He would do anything in his power just to show how much he regretted everything he did. Yet he wasn’t even allowed to do that.

“Lan Zhan. Thank you… For everything. For believing in me even when others didn’t and for reprimanding me even when others wouldn’t.”

He stared straight into Lan WangJi’s eyes and tried to convey all the feelings he wanted.

Sadness.

Regret.

Gratitude.

And most of all.

Love.

It felt like a huge burden was lifted from his shoulders. He was ready. He was… at peace.

“Wei Ying. Please-.”

Before he could even finish his sentence Wei WuXian’s hand went limp in his grip. Shocked by this he let go.

Everyone watched with both shock and terrified eyes as Wei WuXian’s hand slipped through his fingers and hit the ground.

It was as if time slowed down and this deafening sound hit their ears.

“NO!!!!”

Lan WangJi took Wei WuXian’s body from Jiang Cheng’s frozen arms and hugged him like there’s no tomorrow. Not minding the blood staining his white robes.

“Wei Ying! Wei Ying! Please don’t die. Please… Please…” He chanted over and over wishing for the man in his arms to hear.

He could no longer contain it. Fat globs of tears fell from his eyes endlessly.

“NOOOO!!!” For the first time they heard this respected HanGuang-Jun scream.

And it was the most heart breaking one they have heard in their life.

They felt it.

The agony, hatred, regret & lost hope.

Lan WangJi cried... For everything he could have done to save his Wei Ying.

Cried for all the plans he had with him.

Cried for failing to protect him again.

Cried for his friend, his soulmate.

His love.

No one could do anything but cry with him.They screamed at the top of their lungs for the loss of their friend, their senior, their brother…

Their leader.

The End? Not! hahaha
Kim's note: Dun Dun Duuuuuuun! Yup I killed him. Sorry. Everything hurts more the second time around. Sorry Lan Zhan! What did you guys think? Was it good or meh? I know I still have to work on my writing skills! So thank you for reading it on its early stages of either blooming or rotting. heheheh

Comment and Vote if you liked it! :-D