Chapter VIII

“Oh Shit.”

3rd Person POV

Their heads snapped towards the direction of the voice and froze.

Eyes wide as saucers they stared and couldn’t look away. Right there by the counter was the man who died three years ago.

A younger version of Wei WuXian was standing before them in the flesh.

“What the fuck?! You told me he died!” Xue Yang grabbed Jiang Cheng’s collar.

“He did! Everyone saw.” Jiang Cheng had a horrified look on his face.

“Then who the hell is that?!” He pointed at the man.

“HanGuang-Jun… who…” Lan SiZHui looked to his father figure for answers.

“I… Don’t know.” Lan WangJi was just as confused as everyone else. What was going on here?

So many emotions were swirling in their hearts. Sadness, hope, confusion, betrayal and most of all longing for the man.

Maybe they were wrong? Was the thought that went through their heads. But when the man fully faced them and drank the jar of wine the same way he did. That mannerism was all the confirmation they needed.

But this man was too young. 15 or 16 maybe? He couldn’t be…

XiaoYu’s POV

Finally, I escaped their grasp! Hahaha I hope he wont be mad I took his sword with me. Well whatever I’ll just drink to celebrate. And this CaiYi Town is famous for its Emperor’s Smile. They say it’s the best wine ever but I’ll be the judge of that. Haha

Walking in this bar I saw that there were quite a lot of people inside. That means this place must be good.

“Mister! Five jars of Emperor’s smile please!”

“What?! Five? Will you be needing a table for how many?” The owner asked.

“Just one.”

“One?! Your alone and need 5 jars?!”

“Yeah.” XiaoYu raised his brow.

“Well okay then Gongzi. You can choose whichever table you want and we’ll bring the wine to you.”

“No, I’ll carry it myself. Also bring me your most delicious and spiciest dishes.” I smiled and placed a more than good sized gold in front of the man and his eyes sparkled.

I rarely bring money with me but took one from His pouch just in case.

I took the tray of wine and tried one. As the wine hit my tongue my eyes widened.

“Wow! This is delicious! The rumors were right. Good job mister.” I raised the jar to salute the owner.

“Thank you Gongzi.” He smiled at me.

I scanned the area for a good spot to sit at when my eyes passed this group of 8 men staring at me.

Well I know that I am handsome but you don’t have to openly stare at me guys. Geez.

I went to walk past them, drinking my wine, when someone grabbed my arm which made me choke.

I almost spat the wine out but no no no that would be a waste. I gulped it down and started coughing.

“What the fu-!”

“Hey what’s the big deal mister?!” I wiped my mouth.