Chapter XI

"How?"

Recap:

I can see that everyone was focused on me. I know I'm acting differently from before. But could you blame me? I'm just trying to protect the people I care about. Specially XiaoYu.

They want to know everything about him. But should I even tell them?

He's ours now.

Mine and XingChen's.

Not theirs.

Song Lan's POV

"Song Lan. Can you please tell them what happened?" XingChen stared at me.

"Okay." I reluctantly said.

"Well I first met him more than a year ago and a half ago."

"As everyone knows after the Yi City incident. I went on a journey to find my place in this world or maybe even fix XingChen's soul."

"And in that journey, I came across a mountain so beautiful that I couldn't resist to pass through it. Little did I know that a god was residing in that mountain."

"Idiot." XingChen snided.

"How was I supposed to know that there was a guardian in that mountain? I didn't even feel the barrier as I passed through."

I sighed and drank a cup of wine.

"So what happened next?" Lan SiZhui inquired. He was eager to know how he and his father figure met in this story.

"As I went on. I came across a beautiful field of flowers. There were different variants. Lilies, roses, lilacs you name it. I then started on picking flowers-."

"Idiot." Xinghen interrupted.

"Stop calling me that! There were no warning signs that I wasn't allowed to pick flowers there!" I glared as XingChen laughed.

"Anyway, on with my story..." I side eyed him.

"Go on. Go on."

"After picking the flowers a giant monkey guardian emerged from the ground and started attacking me."

"And As much as I am proud of my strength going against a god is not something, I was ready for. I was about to die actually... But then this man covered in flowing white robes and pure white aura blocked his final blow that should've killed me."

Flash Back

3rd Person POV

As Song Lan awaited his death a man in white robes appeared before him.

"Stop it! Don't kill him!" Song Lan in his dazed state tried to make sense of his surroundings as he heard the man scream. A voice so familiar that he would not forget.

It couldn't be. News was that said Demonic Cultivator died at GuanYin Temple.

But when the man turned around and ran to his side there was no mistaking it.

Wei WuXian.

It was him. But a younger version of him. What?

"Hey! Are you okay? Oh, gods what has he done." He started fussing over him.

"Do you have a friend with you?" Checking his wound if they were too lethal or not. He saw the black marks of a fierce corpse on Song Lan's neck but didn't comment on it.

Said man could do nothing but answer by looking to the side where Xiao XingChen's pouch fell when he faught.

"Oh my!" The younger version of Wei WuXian ran to pick up the pouch. He could feel the broken soul inside. It was filled with grievance, regret and the hope to be saved.