Chapter IV

"Save His Hero"

Everyone was shocked. Everything just happened so fast that they were stuck in place staring at the ruined temple.

Lan WangJi was the first one who regained his composure.

"Wei Ying!" He ran towards the temple. Worry and fear written all over his face.

Wen Ning went ahead and started digging through the rubble. Until he came upon Wei WuXian's body.

"Gongzi!" He screamed.

Lan Wangji then went on ahead and lifted Wei WuXian's body away from the rubble.

"Wei Ying! Wei Ying!"

"Wake up. Please." He was panicking now as he shook him. He didn't know what to do.

"Lan Zhan..." A weak response was the reply he got as Wei WuXian stared up in a daze.

"Are you okay?!" Worry written all over his face. He repositioned the man in his arms and started transferring Spiritual energy into him.

"Lan Zhan... Don't..." Wei Wuxian weakly held his hand.

"Don't be stubborn now. Let me help you."

"There's no need for that." Nie HuaiSang interrupted his next attempt.

"What do you mean?! Wei Wuxian needs spiritual energy right now!" Jiang Cheng screamed with a frown. He was scared... very scared that he might lose his brother.

"It'll do nothing for him."

"You! Don't talk as if he'll die!" He grabbed Nie HuaiSang's collar.

"Jiang- Gongzi! Please. He's right. Lan Er-Gongzi will be wasting his energy." Wen Ning tried to get in between the two.

"You!"

"Wei-Gongzi's body will not be able to absorb it. There's nothing we can do..." Tears started falling down his cheeks which left everyone shocked.

"Why? I have done this countless of times and Wei Ying's body never rejected my Spiritual energy." Lan WangJi frowned. What was going on? They were keeping something from them.

"It's... It's because..." Wen Ning was distressed he didn't want to be the one to say it. Say that there was only one way to save his master.

"The Sacrificial Curse."

Everyone looked at Nie HuaiSang.

"Sacrificial Curse?" Lan SiZhui who has been quiet for some time spoke.

"A-Sang... Don't..." Wei WuXian in his weak state muttered.

"Wei-Ying. What's going on?" Jin GuangYao begged with tears in his eyes.

"Can't you see?! He's dying and it's all because of you!" Nie HuaiSang glared at him.

"Me?"

"If you died then he would live!"

Confusion was written all over their eyes. What did Nie HuaiSang mean by that?

"Nie-Gongzi what are you trying to say?" Lan XiChen asked.

"It's the Sacrificial Curse. The mark on his arm represents the unfulfilled contract. The contract that Mo XuanYu created."

"When Mo XuanYu offered his life to Wei-Xiong. There were conditions for him to fulfill in order to keep the body he now houses. That included the deaths of those from the Mo Manor and..." Nie HuaiSang then looked straight into Jin GuangYao's eyes.

"The death of Jin GuangYao."

Everyone froze in their spot. It can't be. The only way to save their friend's life is to end another's?

"You mean I... am the reason why he suffers..."

"You always have been! From the very beginning it was all you. And now you're gonna end his life too."

Jin GuangYao looked at Wei WuXian as he sobbed.

It was all him. He was the cause. All his pain and suffering and now his death.

Maybe the world really would be better off without him.

Maybe if he died, he could still... save his hero.

Kim's Note: Hi there! You made it to chapter 4! hehehe well thank you for reading and well I'm still trying to make the chapters longer. And working on my writing skills because as you can see there's still a lot I need to learn. :-D

Likes and comments are highly welcomed! hehehhehe