Chapter XVI

“A Week?!!!"

3rd Person POV

“Wei Ying!” The man whom people know as Jin GuangYao pulled XiaoYu to him.

“Who the he-!” Facing the man who grabbed his arm flashes of unknown memories appeared on his vision.

“What…” He grabbed his head in pain and passed out.

“Wei Ying!” Thank goodness Jin GuangYao caught him in time before he smacked to the ground.

The other man named Lan XiChen clan leader of the Gusu Lan Sect knelt before the two and stared long and hard at XiaoYu.

“WangJi-Ah. What’s the meaning of this?” As he raised his head to look at his brother, he saw another ghost of the past.

“Song Lan?” His eyes were wide as saucers. What is going on?

“I’ll explain everything. For now let’s bring XiaoYu to the Jingshi.” Lan WangJi interrupted his thoughts.

“XiaoYu?” Both new comers questioned.

“Later.” Lan WangJi stepped forward to carry the unconscious man.

“I’ll take him.”

Song Lan took XiaoYu’s body from Jin GuangYao’s arms as he glared long and hard. They could feel the killing intent radiating off him in waves. It made them shiver.

“Where to?”

“I think it’s better to take him to your mother’s cottage. It can accommodate us all more than your room WangJi.” Lan QiRen suggested.

“Okay Uncle.”

“Follow me.” Lan WangJi then lead Song Lan and the others to the cottage.

Time Skip

Lan XiChen’s POV

It’s been over a week since Wei-Gongzi fell unconscious and Song Lan hasn’t moved from his spot on the bed. Not even for meals. Saying that he was once turned into a fierce corpse and doesn’t need it the same way normal humans do.

We can see the fear in his eyes as the days went on & his master hasn’t woken up.

I’ve had horrible headaches for quite some time as I tried to wrap my head around the situation we are in right now. and I can’t say that I have a full grasp of everything yet.

“Song Lan.” I called out to him but it seems he could not hear me as he stared at his master.

“Song Lan.” I repeated, placing a hand on his shoulder this time.

He jerked up with a startled look.

“Oh! Yes?” An awkward smile graced his lips.

“I was just going to invite you to come with us to the lake. We’re going to eat some snacks and relax.”

“I’m sorry. I can’t just leave him alone.”

“It’s okay. The juniors will be here to keep him company. Plus, he’s in the Cloud Recesses, he’s safe.”

“But-.”

“Please, Song Lan. We’re worried not only with Wei-Gong-.”

“XiaoYu.”

“Yes, XiaoYu. We’re not only worried about him but you too.”

“I…”

He stared long and hard at Young Master Wei – no, XiaoYu. That’s his name now- contemplating whether if he should take the chance or not.