Chapter 12

3rd pov*

Tommy was in the living room, playing with his toys as Dream was making dinner for the two. It was a relaxing afternoon, nothing has happened for about a week now and it was a great feeling. As dinner was prepared Dream called over his little brother and they ate in harmony, until Tommy asked something that shouldn't have been asked.
"Dream, do you know who my dad is?" Dream almost choked on his food "uh why..why do you want to know who that is honey?" Tommy fiddled with his sleeves a little "I'm just curiouse because i always just knew our mom Kristin.." Dream sighed a little "I don't want to talk about your dad nor mine nor our mother ok?" He nods a little and muttered a small sorry before eating again, this time with more tension floating around the room. Dream hated their parents a lot. They were irresponsible and left Dream at the age of 8 to take care of himself and a 2 year old tommy.
Dream sighed a little as he continued to eat being in his thoughts not noticing the gremlin getting up to put his plate into the sink, heading upstairs. Tommy looked around before quietly entering Dreams room. He didn't know what he was searching for but he was searching for something. "I shouldn't be in here" he whispered to himslef as he rumagged threw Dream's drawers ending up finding nothing. He sighed and went to go to his room but got stopped by Dream. "hey champ, what are you doing in my room?" Tommy got nervouse as he started to fiddle with his sleeves. Dream observed him under the mask and chuckles a bit "I'm not mad please tell me?" He hesitantly hugs his big brother "I was searching for something that could maybe" he paused in the middle of the sentence which made Dream raise an eyebrow "yes bub?" Tommy started to have small tears in his eyes "I wanted to find something about my dad.." Dream looks at Tommy a little baffeld and kneels down to him "Hey..it's ok I'm not mad..I know you're getting older therefore more curiouse" he whipes his tears away with his thumb a little "How about..instead of searching for stuff that doesn't excist I'll go look if I still have that album somewhere sounds good?" Tommy nods a little hugging onto Dream "Thank you.." He only chuckled at that "Not for that, come now" he gets up and takes his hand and went to the livingroom with him putting him on the couch and went to the attic to find the book that had pictures of them and their parents in it. "Where is that stupid thing" he huffs getting frustrated after a short amount of time.

After 10 minutes of searching he finally found it "thank god i found it" he quickly went back into the living room "Look what i have~" he cooes making tommy look up at him and smiled brightly cheering.  As Dream sat down tommy immidiantly took action crawling on his lap making dream laugh "Alright lets get this over with" he pets his hair opening the book "This is our mom, she was wonderful" Tommy smiled "why does she look so cool? I mean look she has a sword!" Dream kisses his head "She was a pirate, me and ma used to be on the sea until you were born" Tommy pouted "awe i ruined the fun" Dream chuckles "no you didn't you were a new chapter in our adventure, or well mine and i wouldn't have it any other way" Tommy smiled brightly "What's her name?" he hums "Her name was Puffy, she was brave and her priority was laways family" Tommy looked around the book "Who is that?" he points to a goat man "ah, that is my dad his name was schlatt..he left when ma was pregnant with me so i don't know much about him" He nods and ghasped "whoa look who is that!?" Dream laughed "that my dear is your dad, his name is phillip or Philza. Once you were born and got told you're a human he lost interest in taking part of our family" Tommy looks at Dream kinda dissapointed about that "he doesn't seem nice then.." Dream only nods in agreement "well doesn't matter anymore he isn't aorund since he went back to his and his students winter wonderland thing" he said while getting up to put the book back to where it belongs. Behind him he could hear tommy giggle at his  response making him smile a bit. As he returned he saw his little brother look at him with those big glossy eyes "what's up bub?" Tommy sighed looking away "you always used the past are they all dead?" Dream sat down holding him close "well, I know thast ma is missing so we don't know..but schlatt died that's for sure. Had a heart attack from all the arguring and drinking, ma said i was 2 when she got that notification from the hospital. Turns out he hasn't deleted her contact or he forgot to do do" Tommy nods in response cuddling close to him "Can you tell me storys about you and mom on the sea?" Dream chuckles "Ofcourse i can"

The rest of the day it was just The two brothers cuddled into a fluffy blankets with Dream telling him storys and Tommy being very exited about that. It was a nice day and both really enjoyed and needed that.