51. Answer me in words...

The silence was deafening. The loud vibrant laughter from the young children, the monotonous chirping sound of the seagulls, the restless noise from the waves and the constant buzzing sound of the strong winds... nothing seemed to reach Tee. The harsh words from Tae kept ringing in his ears, as he walked closer to the water. The tides touched his feet and retreated back, inviting him to join them to the most silent depths of the world.

Tee stepped deeper into the water. No, he wasn't a coward. He just didn't have any purpose to live anymore. When he felt the water touching his fingertips, he was pushed forward rudely. Tee refrained from balancing himself. He let the waves take control and guide him to the much needed peace of his life. He was tired. He had been running non stop for the past few years, and his body and mind begged him to stop. Hence, he decided to finally stop and give himself the attention he needed.

Tee closed his eyes. Tae's smiling face appeared in front of him. It was so warm and gentle... so full of love...

'Welcome home, baby!'

Tee stopped abruptly in the waist length deep water.

'You must have had a hard time all this while. You can stop here and rest'
'The room next door is ours... Just saying if you haven't understood properly'

Tee held his breath, as the waves swayed him back and forth.

'But when the day ended and I reached our condo, I was alone.... without you, my precious baby goldfish'

"Our condo?", Tee whispered in daze.

An involuntary gasp escaped his lips, as he turned around and fought against the waves to reach the shore... to reach his P'Tae.

Tee staggered near the shore and sprinted in the direction Tae had walked away from him earlier. He ran along the beach, looking around frantically. His eyes searched for Tae everywhere, while his feet worked on it's own on the fine sand. He continued to run until he exited the beach and stopped at the road side. He looked to the either side of him, contemplating which side Tae would have gone. He searched every street, vehicles, food stalls, bus stops and restaurants around the beach area. But Tae was nowhere to be seen.

Scared that he might have missed Tae, Tee began asking the people around if they had seen a tall handsome Asian man in black shirt and blue jeans. He showed them the video of Tae and Copter, which he recorded at their condo's gym. When there was no trace of Tae even after searching for more than an hour, Tee's legs gave away in defeat and he fell on his knees, sobbing for the second time that day.

"Stupid... stupid...", Tee cursed himself and slapped the ground furiously, "P'Tae... P'Tae...", he wept like a child, looking around himself desperately, "What do I do?... P'Tae.... where did you go? Where? Airport.... airport... yeah I need to get to the airport...."

Tee leaped to his feet hastily, only to stumble and fall down again. He grunted impatiently and tried to raise again. But his legs protested to cooperate with him. Tee forced his aching legs to move and stood up with conviction. He wasn't going to repeat the same mistake again. But what if Tae had ready boarded the plane? Tee didn't want to take any chances. Neither did he want to miss any chance.

If it was going to be a dramatic filmy reunion at the airport, then so be it!! If he was going to miss Tae at the airport, then it was going to be Tee begging on his knees outside Tae's door in Bangkok...

One way or the other, he was going to get Tae by any means. He was going to ensure that he wouldn't loose Tae ever in his life again, because Tae had every right to leave him behind and it was his turn to chase after Tae. And all he had to do was to grab his passport and leave Ostend. Tee half ran and half walked towards the place he stayed in Ostend. He was nearing the street where he stayed, when his feet wobbled again in pain. But Tee ignored the pain and dragged his tired body around the corner of the street, when he was greeted with the sight that almost knocked the air out of his lungs.