Chapter 26: ARC 1 - The Lost Princess

*Please read the announcement below after reading the chapter. Thank you!

"Humans! Humans everywhere!" The King's vehement shrieking echoed all through the battlefield. Then, just like a proper psychopath, he started to point at any human he can find while shouting one word - "Ugly! Ugly! UGLY! UGLY!"

Umi's eyebrow twitched. Can't this madman chill?!

He just reentered into the scene from who knows where and for who knows how, and then now he starts screaming like a little irritating kid in a tantrum as if he just discovered that dinosaurs do not exist anymore, or maybe worse than that but one can already guess the level of his absurd madness based on his passionate howling.

They were on each end of the battleground with the current fight happening in between them but they can hear each other properly amidst the boisterous battle noises. The logic of this magical world is really to be applauded upon.

Umi couldn't take the wild man's outrageous behavior anymore and eventually faced the king with a hiss. "Who is ugly? You're ugly! Your eye is ugly! Your nose is ugly! Your mouth is ugly! Everything about you is ugly!"

Well... one ought not to criticize the woman for not delivering a smart comeback. She had been bottling up her frustrations for who knows how long and she had been yearning to find a proper outlet to vent her emotions, and the king just happened to be one. Moreover, one may add the fact that the girl's personality has already darkened to the point of no return, so that can be also something to be accounted for as one reason.

Umi, a phantom woman with immeasurable strength, even looked more villainous than the king. Coupled with her crazed eyes and snickering mouth, one could easily mistake her as the evildoer in the story.

Watching the woman roar out unintelligent utterances, Mochi can only slap his own face while fervently hoping that the goddess will edit this scene later.

"Has anyone told you that there might be something wrong with you?" Mochi couldn't resist the urge to speak what's on his mind.

"You've noticed it just now?" Umi gawked at the kitten. "Now be quiet there and let me do my work properly."

The kitten just shrugged and drifted a few meters away to get a better grasp of the comical exhibition before his eyes. The kitten suddenly found this situation quite interesting ah.

The madman who was just insulted by someone whom he acknowledged as his lovely daughter, growled when he saw Umi coming towards him. "Daughter, one should not insult their father."

"Daughter, one should not insult their father," Umi repeated his words mockingly.

"Don't imitate me."

"Don't imitate me."

As expected, just like how Umi can already predict the King's movements, the psycho cackled loudly that Umi might even deduce that he was a rooster in his last life... and a crazy one at that. Well, only if there was one since this was merely a made-up world.

"You truly amuse me, my precious daughter."

Umi can only scratch her head with her lips twitching on their own. This king certainly is delusional to the point of insanity. Well, he is characterized as crazy, so that's one reason.

However, the Mad King's laugh had stopped shortly as he jerked his head to the side. "Oh? I hear them coming," he then touched his lips with his forefinger and whispered, "They are coming."

Umi raised an eyebrow. Is the Mad King finally getting serious? Yet seeing the sorry excuse of a villain wobbling in his position, she can only sigh. Celestius, even for a man in his early 50s, has preserved his good looks and figure. Umi clicked her tongue. He could have been the typical mysterious villain if it wasn't for his brain hole.