Chapter 20

Thoughts: 'Blah. Blah. Blah.'

Flashback: Blah. Blah. Blah. ( [END]FLASHBACK before/after them)

Hedwig: "Blah. Blah. Blah."

Parseltongue: {Blah. Blah. Blah.}

Letters/Articles/Writing: Blah. Blah. Blah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 20

As Harry enters his dorm room, he feels a sense and warmth, a feeling of home and comfort. He thinks of all the good memories he has made in this room. This room has given him the opportunity to forge relationships and cultivate them into something powerful and imperishable, something that he can no longer live without.

He sighs, closing eyes for a moment before walking over to his four poster bed, setting his trunk and satchel on top of the blanket. He hears Draco come in behind him and he turns, noticing the absence of Blaise and Theo. He raises an eyebrow.

"They got sucked into a quidditch debate; Whether or not Slytherin will beat Gryffindor this year." Draco says, his tone laced with amusement.

"Ah, I wish them luck."

Harry turns back to his bed, his eyes honing in on a medium-sized parcel that is wrapped in a nondescript, parchment colored paper. He walks around to the side of his bed, sitting down heavily and picking up the parcel.

"What's that?" Draco inquires from across the room, making his way to his own bed and setting down his things.

"I don't know Draco, a bunny?" Harry pointedly looks at Draco, his face deadpan and entirely serious.

"Oi, I am so not in the mood for your sarcasm, Potter."

Harry grumbles from his spot on his bed as Draco walks over to sit next to him. Draco nudges Harry with his shoulder. "Come on then, don't leave me in suspense."

Harry chuckles, moving to untie the string that holds the paper together. The paper falls away, revealing a bundle of shimmering fabric. He discards the paper, taking the bundle in his hands. It unfolds into the shape of a cloak and Harry holds it at arm's length, away from the bed.

"What is it?" Draco says, a bewildered expression adorning his features.

"I'm not entirely sure..." Harry trails off, inspecting the cloak, turning it this way and that.

"Put it on."

Harry does as he's told, wrapping the cloak around his body. Unknown to him, his body instantly disappears from view, causing Draco to gasp and jump back slightly on the bed.

"What!? What is it!?" Harry looks down and immediately begins a frantic search for his body. "AH! My body, bloody hell! Where is it? Did it run away!? I know I'm annoying, but I can't be that bad!"

"Okay, okay, just calm down! Your body did not run away. What the hell goes through your disturbed mind sometimes." Draco takes hold of Harry's shoulders, stilling his jerky movements. "It's an invisibility cloak. I've read about them, but I've never actually seen one before. This is fantastic!" Draco takes a part of the cloak in his hand, the fabric sliding through his fingers like liquid. "Who sent it? Is there a note?"

"I'm not sure." Harry shrugs the cloak from his shoulders and places it on the bed, shuffling over to where the wrapping paper is piled on top of the covers. When he picks it up, a small slip of paper falls to the quilt.

Dropping the wrappings, Harry picks up the note, turning it over to reveal words written in an elegant scrawl.

"Your father left this in