13.

I wake up, and flashbacks from last night fill my mind. Danny is such a nice boy. He's so wholesome and pure. Although he's just a friend to me. The tea was so smooth.!

Suddenly, I hear the phone ring.

"Hastings Family resident speaking." I say formally.

"Is that really how you're gonna greet your man?" Johnny asks. I can hear his smile from the phone.

"Hey! You are not my man though!" I say excitedly, because he's never called me on the telephone before. He is not my man though.

"I got your number from Tommy." He says.

"Oh. I never told Tommy my number though." I say confused. Is he stalking me?

"The kid knows everything." He says laughing.

"I was thinking, let's ditch today." He says.

"Oh no Johnny I don't think so. That's risky." I say.

"Come on, little V. Live a little." He says.

"Fine. Come pick me up." I say agreeing, as I roll my eyes slightly.

I hear a knock at the door. Is he here already? There's no way. I open it to the sight of Danny. He's smiling, with jeans and a sweatshirt on.

"Hey Danny, what's up?" I say.

"Just coming to see if you were ready for school. Also, last night was fun." He says.

"Yeah it was. I'm not going to school today, I don't feel well." I say as I hold my stomach.

"Oh! What's the matter?" He asks, genuinely concerned.

"Uhh, Period cramps. Really bad." I say.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do? I'll stay here and skip too. I could keep you company and take care of you." He says.

"I-," I say before the tall, blonde boy cuts me off.

"I've got this buddy. Thank you for the support." Johnny says with a warm fake smile as he shakes Danny's hand aggressively.

"O-ok. See you guys later." Danny says as he gets on his bike.

I shut the door and Johnny falls over laughing. I laugh along with him. "Get up! That's not funny." I say laughing.

"Yes it is!" He says.

We finally stop laughing and sit down. "So where would you like to go today?" He asks.

"I don't know. Anywhere." I say.

"Do you know how to Bowl?" He asks.

"Yes you idiot." I say.

"Good. We're going bowling." He says.

Better than school.

We get in his car and drive to the bowling alley. He walks with his hand on my lower back down to my waist. Suddenly, I see a group of girls from my old school. My eyes start to tear up as flashbacks flood my memory.

Flashbacks:
June, 1982 ; Denver High

"Victoria looks so ugly today. What even is that shirt?" Marissa sneers.

"Victoria! Come here ugly!" Julia says.

"No." I say.

"We said come here." Carmen says.

"Please stop." I say. They grab my hair and pull it. Carmen hits me hardly in the rib cage. Marissa punches me in the face, tears start streaming down my face as they continue to hit me.