31.

I lay in my bed, wondering if the decision I made was right.

"Hey honey, are you doing okay?" My mom says.

"Yeah. I just don't know if I made the right choice." I say, my eyes on the ceiling.

"If you followed your heart.. then that's good." She says as she strokes my hair.

"I think I did." I say.

"Well..good. Susan is here." She says as she waves her in.

"Susan! Hey!" I say as I run in for a hug.

"Hey! I'm so sorry that bitch did that to you." She rubs my back.

"It's fine."

"So what did you say to him?" She asks me.

"I told him that we should take a little break. He was an emotional wreck. He kept crying next to me so eventually I held him and he cried into me for a while." I say.

"Aw. You guys are meant to be. This break will not even last like a week." She says, encouraging me.

"You really think so?" I say.

"I know so. You guys are so strong." She says, wandering around my room, and fixing her hair.

"True."

"So what do you want to do?" She asks me.

"We could go out, or we can stay in." I say.

"Girl, I love you but who the fuck stays in on a saturday night in the 8Os?" She says, laughing softly.

"Alright, alright. Let's go out." I say.

"We could bring someone too." She says.

"Maybe Danny?" I suggest.

"That would be awkward. Maybe the cobra boys." She says, applying a coat of lipgloss.

"Oh no. No no no. Johnny's gonna be there." I say, panicking a bit.

"Exactly! I'm helping you out babes!" She says, shaking my shoulders.

"Alright fine." I say, eventually giving in.

"Yay!" Susan says, jumping around my room.

"Okay, now where are we going?" I ask.

"I would say golf n stuff but we go there to much, maybe something like a movie type of thing? It's pretty foggy out, we could do a projection or the theatre." She suggests.

"Yeah, sure." I say.

"I don't really want to invite all the cobra boys so could we just invite Bobby and Johnny?" She asks.

"Sure." I say hesitantly.

"Listen it's going to be okay." She says.

"I know. I just hope he's not mad at me still from yesterday." I say.

"I don't think so. Plus you didn't do anything." She says reassuringly.

"True." I say.

"I'm gonna go call Bobby up." She says, walking over to my house phone.

Susan.
"Hey! V and I are wondering if you wanted to come and go to the movies with us." This might go down bad.. I hope Vic doesn't try and rip his head off. She should, but I don't need my best friend in jail.

"Yeah sure. Can I bring a friend? So V isn't the third wheel." He says.

"Yeah..bring Johnny." I whisper softly, looking over to see if Vic is listening. She's not.