43.

tw: swearing, homophobia(?) surrounding mason

// please feel free at anytime to skip these parts of the chapter if you're sensitive to those certain topics. wouldn't want any of my loves to feel uncomfortable! love u all! thx for the love !!

"Vote for Ali!" Ali says cheerfully, handing out flyers to promote herself.

It feels like haven't seen her in so long. Not that I'm complaining.

"Hey, Ali." I say.

"Hi." She says slowly, almost shocked that I had said hello to her. "How've you been lately?" I ask.

"I've been doing okay. Still with lover boy?" She asks, nodding her head towards Johnny. "Of course." I say, blush forming on my cheeks.

"You know, what you did was really slutty. New in town, take my ex boyfriend and then start flirting with Daniel as well." She says, unable to look me in the eye.

"You're twisting the story, yet again. I just came over to be civil. Civil. I'm trying to make amends with you, though you won't get over the past." I say.

"No! You're just trying to start drama as usual." She furiously exclaims. "I am not! I'm trying to tell you that I didn't even know you used to date Johnny until one of your fucking friends told me!" I say.

It was the truth.

"Yeah? Well you're gonna be crying when I'm prom queen, and Johnny wins prom king!" She yells.

"You think I care about that shit? It's not worth my time." I laugh. She huffs in response, choking on her own words.

"Yeah, piss off. I've done nothing but try to make amends with you." I walk away, going to find the rest of the group.

"Babe! Why were you even associating yourself with that thing?" Susan asks, laughing. "I tried to fix things with her, but she just wants to keep fighting. I am done with her, for good." I say.

"Gone through that once too many times. I understand how it feels." Susan says, sighing deeply.

"I should've never even trusted her from the start." I say.

"It doesn't matter anymore, because you have me!" Susan says, applying some strawberry lip gloss to her lips.

"Want some?" She asks me. "Why not." I say, applying some to my lips.

"Everything okay over there?" Johnny says from behind me, making me jump. He laughs and kisses my cheek swiftly.

"It's fine, I just tried to be the better person. Though that didn't work." I explain as I open up my locker.

"I don't understand why you even try with her. Why do you?" He asks. "Because I'm not trying to have trouble with anyone—I never stole anyone's boyfriend." I exclaim, getting a bit loud.

"I know, I know. She's just a manipulative, self centered bitch. Okay?" He says, looking into my eyes. "...okayy?" He says again, kissing my forehead.

"Okay." I finally say, nodding my head.

Bobby walks over to us, doing that stupid smirk. That smirk always means he did something; could be bad or good. He was holding something behind his back.