No. . .

Ray and I stayed there, staring at the man for moments, too afaid to move. He just stood there in the middle of the road. His sunglasses hiding any emotion, along with his face, almost as if he wasn't human, more like a robot.

As I looked at him, a shiver of fear flew down my spine. I heard Ray shift around to get on his feet when the man spoke.

"Hello, Josh." He said. His voice was cold as ice and emotionless. My mind was screaming at me to run or fly away as far as possible, but I was frozen by fear.

"W-wh-w-what d-do you w-want?" I stuttered out. Despite trying to sound strong, I completely failed.

"Come on, Josh. You should be smarter than that." He replied back, his cold words sending another shiver through me.

I quickly turned my head to the side to make sure Ray was ok, but I didnt turn my head too far, I had to keep an eye on the enemy. I saw Ray's face from the corner of my eye, drained with his eyes completely full of fear, when I heard clicks. I turned back to the man.

He held two guns, one in each hand. Both guns were different.

"We can do this the easy way," he said, then I heard a click from one his guns, "or the hard way." He clicked the other.

I gulped down air, my throat suddenly dry. What do I do?

"Its simple, Josh." He said as a light still emotionless smile came across his face, " you come with me."

He can read my mind. My jaw dropped. Hes like me. No hes not dumbass. I thought and quickly shut my mouth.

"Yes I am Josh, you and I are just like each other, I could take you somewhere you belong. Trust me."

I started walking towards him. I couldn't control my legs, like they had a mind of their own.

"No." I said and stopped, "we aren't like each other." I turned and ran, hearing the guy shoot off bullets. A couple hit the cemetary's road at my sides and a little more up the road. Thankfully, none hitting Ray.

As I passed Ray, I grabbed him by his shirt and lifted us off the ground. The man shot off one last bullet. When I left the cemetary, I flew as fast and far away as possible.

While flying, I moved Ray's position so I wasn't choking him with his own shirt. Thats when I saw blood.

"Ray?" I said, looking at his back. There was blood on his shoulder and upper back, a lot of it.

"RAY?!" I shouted, cold panic flashed through me. I landed us softly on the nearest roof, took him gently off my shoulder and checked his pulse. It was there, but extremely faint.

I was loosing him.

I quickly, but gently put him back on my shoulder at flew to the hospital as fast as I could.

When I got in, nurses rushed up to us. "Help, he's been shot." I said. The nurses checked his pulse, then her face flushed into sadness.

"GET A DEFIB. UNIT!" She shouted as she rushed us to a room. After she layed him on the bed, Docters and nurses swarmed into the room. One of the docters put the paddles to his chest.

"Clear." The doc. said and Rays chest flew up against the paddles. The doc waited a couple seconds and repeated the proccess. Over and over. I was shaking like crazy, tears flooding out of my eyes.

Eventually, the doc gave up. There was silence almost instantly.

"Im afraid there's  nothing i can do. I'm sorry, kid. He's dead." The doc said and bowed his head down.

NO. I thought. I lifted my head up and screammed. No, not now. Then i flipped. I ran up to the wall and started punching it, one punch after the other. Even when my knuckles were bloody, I kept going. When the punching didnt calm me down, I started throwing stuff. Not even bothering to use my power.

A nurse came in cause of the racket. He tried to calm me down, but I was too dead to care. I kept damaging the hospital tools until a couple more nurses came in, one of them holding a syringe. The nurses tried holding me down. They succeeded.

A couple seconds later, I felt the lightest pinch on my arm as the syringe entered my skin. My body instantley calmed down. The world started spinning, faster and faster. Then I fell down into a puddle of darkess.